Last game you were addicted to?

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Dragon Age. I could barely put it down for around 90 hours (two full playthroughs, one halfway and all the origin stories). The only reason why I managed to stop playing is because I've got exams to study for...

Gyrefalcon

Jun 9, 2009
Joachim Aachen said:
The last game I was ADDICTED to, as in, didn't make me put down the controller when I got mad or made me want to quit after the first 10 minutes and then come back to it a month later was Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. Sure, it was hella repetitive, but I think that's what sucked me in, along with the fact I could be a total prick to some people and then completely win over others.

... I named all my animals after Resident Evil and Tekken characters. :3 I even named my son Jack after the immortal Jack Krauser. My character's name was Chris- named after Chris Redfield.

I think I have issues.
Watch some Ruroini Kenshin and name one of your cows after the lead female and see what happens. ;)

mr gelmir

Sep 29, 2009
same here with AC2, just finished the storyline yesterday, after 19 hours of gaming during three days of school!

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
CrazyHaircut94 said:
With new releases and such, it's hard for some gamers to find games that can really suck you in. So my question today is, what was the last game to really suck you in, to keep your hands locked to the controller/mouse and keyboard? I just bought Assassin's Creed 2 yesterday, and I've played for so many hours I've lost count. All I know is that I played several hours yesterday (between 3-6), slept, went to school, came home and started playing at 2PM. And I just finished playing, and the time now is 3AM (maybe take away one hour for food and toilet breaks). I'm pretty much addicted now... So, how about you?
I wouldn't say addicted, but I recently got the orange box, and played ep1 and 2 from start to finish, with only short breaks for certain biological impulses.

Ultimateslayer

Sep 21, 2008
kawaiiamethist said:
Nothing's drawn me quite like Lost Odyssey, with five full playthroughs.
That one drew me in too.
I couldnt stop until that retarted bit on the second disc with that haunted castle.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
ODST Firefight, seriously I played through it a lot solo and it just gave me a nice bit of that Halo action I've come to know and love without having to start a whole campaign. It just never got old for me and let's face it if it was any more addictive to me I'd be snorting it up off of a silver plate with a rolled up fifty dollar note.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Assassin's Creed 2 has sucked me in as well.

Hmm, the last game I was really addicted to was COD4, I must have played that game five times over.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Gears of War 2. I would literally spend hours at a time every day just playing online. I couldn't stop... and that's when I got Borderlands. I just straight up didn't play it because Borderlands was so much fun.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
StBishop said:
At the moment I'd have to say Batman Arkham Asylum.

Closely followed by Fable.
Dragon Age.

I played AC2 a lot, but I was able to spread it out over a couple of days to enjoy it.

For Dragon Age I played non-stop through the 80 hours of gameplay.

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
Ehh. I guess FFXI. I wasn't really addicted to it though, I used it as a form of escapism to get away from my problems in real life. It was like... my character on that I could be the person that I always wanted to be and noone would judge me or whatever. So playing that game made me happier than living my life, so to speak, at least after I pressed the self-destruct button on my social life by... well, let's not dwell on it.
I did eventually go toe to toe with my problem rather than avoid them. I stopped playing FFXI after my payment thing expired as well. I got a bit sick of it but I'm a bit disappointed that I never got Dancer to 75. That class was super fun.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Viva Pinata! :D I dunno...you go for one thing, then after that you find a new goal, and then after that another thing becomes available...it's like a drug that gradually conditions you to more and more.

Phoenix Arrow said:
Ehh. I guess FFXI.
That was me a few years ago, and now to a certain extent, hehe.

EvilBug

Nov 20, 2009
Lilani said:
Viva Pinata! :D I dunno...you go for one thing, then after that you find a new goal, and then after that another thing becomes available...it's like a drug that gradually conditions you to more and more.
I use to be so addicted to that one until my cousin erased my filed. ;__; I had so much done.

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
Fallout 3, last summer. Both me and my dad were addicted to it at the same time, and we'd constantly be talking about it.

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
World of Warcraft. But i can't blame it. I had fun every ever single... day playing it. Expect the party idles. OH WHY! Why the party idles!?

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
EvilBug said:
I use to be so addicted to that one until my cousin erased my filed. ;__; I had so much done.
My computer has actually crashed 3 times while saving and closing, thus corrupting the file and making it unplayable. I was distraught for a while, but I wasn't too far along the first time it happened so I decided to start a new game. Turns out, whenever you start a new game like that, you are given all the money and all of the achievements and levels you'd completed on previous files. You still start out with a blank garden, but it is still as big as however you'd gotten it before and whatever you had done or unlocked before is already done and unlocked. Maybe you could try the same thing?