Last series/film that made you cry

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Stemming this off of the "games that made you cry" thread http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.322845-Games-that-made-you-cry?page=1

Post the last film or series (books are fine too) that drove you to shed a tear.

For me it's the anime Clannad - spent 8 episodes on the verge of tears, then when Ushio says her line about the 2nd place it's okay to cry I just lost my last shred of self control paused the video and left the room.

...Ironically going to the other place she says its fine to cry

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I don't cry very often, but the ending of Grave of the Fireflies when I watched it late last year did it. If you've watched it you know why.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I watched Saving Private Ryan yesterday.

That made me tear up at the end.

owen20011993

Aug 6, 2011
earthlings. if you dont cry about this movie, then you are a robot, send back in time. to destroy the planet. no but seriously this movie is hardcore cry material. just watch a trailer before you watch the movie

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
The end of Erufen Rito (Elfen Lied) got a couple of tears from me. It easily became my favourite television show of all time; not anime, show period. The last movie to do it was the overly emotionally-manipulative A Walk to Remember. But, hey, that's the point of the film, is it not? It set out to do a task and succeeded.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
... so, how does one 'shred' a tear?!

OK, obligatory spelling gripe out the way:

Book - le Comte de Monte Cristo, sped through that (again) the other week, the end still makes me blub
Anime - Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, watched it again in February... gawd, how apocryphal can one get... o_O'
Film - Little Women, the 1994 one, when Beth dies... (what?! piss off!) =P

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Toy Story 3

I've always loved Pixar films, the first movie was one of the first films I remember seeing in theatres. I grew up with Pixar, and Toy Story 3 made me feel like it grew up with me too.

So yeah...I was bawlin' like a baby in the final scene, and I don't care who knows it.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
I don't usually cry in movies, but I just saw 50/50 the other weekend. Emotional, realistic portrayals of cancer...that did it.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Anime series- Cowboy Bebop.
Film- Grave of the Fireflies.
No spoilers will be divulged in this post.

KillKill

Sep 6, 2011
JoJoDeathunter said:
I don't cry very often, but the ending of Grave of the Fireflies when I watched it late last year did it. If you've watched it you know why.
You stole my words sir!

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Toy Story 3. When I watched it, I was about Andy's age too.

Toy Story was the first movie I ever saw.

It... meant alot to me.

gallaetha_matt

Feb 28, 2010
ShadowDude112 said:
I've been watching Scrubs on Netflix. It's powerful stuff, man.
This. I watched the last episode the other week. It's got one of the most poignant and heart clenching finale of anything I've ever seen. I'm a big manly man and I had tears in my eyes watching it.

I also just finished The Passage by Justin Cronin. There's some stuff in there that's so sad that it's almost painful. It totally comes out of nowhere too. Even if I tell you to expect it, you won't expect it. His characters are so well drawn that it's hard not to feel sad for the little miseries that hit them as they go through the story.

Then I had a tear in my eye at the end of The Girl Who Played With Fire I was on a train at the time too, it was embarrassing.

In terms of series, I can't watch Serenity without choking up a bit.

WAAAAAAASSSSSSHHHHH!

But a lot of that is due to the series being cancelled and how we'll never see some of those plot points resolve themselves without wild fan speculation.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Does crying from laughing count? Because I'm pretty sure I shed a few tears laughing at some of the recent Abridged episodes. Like TFS Lord Slug and Hellsing Ultimate Abridged episode 2 and Little Kuriboh's Yugioh Bonds Beyond Time Abridged movie.

Honestly, I don't think I cry that easily from anything. Though I have felt like it during a few scenes of certain movies and such. But never full on tears running down my face.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
AvsJoe said:
The end of Erufen Rito (Elfen Lied) got a couple of tears from me. It easily became my favourite television show of all time; not anime, show period. The last movie to do it was the overly emotionally-manipulative A Walk to Remember. But, hey, that's the point of the film, is it not? It set out to do a task and succeeded.
You should read the manga then - much better are more emotional ending

SckizoBoy said:
... so, how does one 'shred' a tear?!
Fixed. Must have hit r and e at the same time

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Probably the end of both Unforgiven and Gran Torino.
Those movies are just really sad.

Game was probably Red Dead Redemption.

Series was a re-run of Crocodile Hunter I saw after Steve Irwin's death. I really miss that guy. He was quite the bad dude.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I dunno about crying, but the very end of "Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" hit me pretty hard.

Especially that last line. "And I won't feel... a thing." I blame Neil Patrick Harris' excellent acting for my depression afterwards...

Series-wise, I tend to get depressed when watching NCIS and the subject of Gibb's family.

[spoiler:] Especially in the episode where he lost about ten years of his memories, and has no idea what's been going on, poor guy...[/spoiler]

smearyllama said:
Series was a re-run of Crocodile Hunter I saw after Steve Irwin's death. I really miss that guy. He was quite the bad dude.
Agreed, it feels weird watching the show (when they even bother showing it anymore...), watching him interact with friends and family and wildlife alike and just knowing what's going to happen to him...