League of Legends Preps "Forecast Janna" Legendary Skin

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
League of Legends Preps "Forecast Janna" Legendary Skin

was in the "Ultimate" skin tier, which as well as all the benefits of a Legendary skin, have even more additional models and effects.

Janna is one of my favorite supports, and one of the oldest champions in the game, so it's nice to see her get a bit of love. Her previous skins were kind of lame as well. Which champion do you guys think deserves the next Legendary or Ultimate skin?

Source: League of Legends [http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/node/3159]

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Will be a day one buy for me. Spend 90% of my games supporting, and found all her skins to be lame.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
TI3 event/results, not reported.

That's okay guys, we got the latest scoop on League cosmetics!

Oh, Escapist.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Sseth said:
AND YET THEY STILL HAVENT FUCKING RELEASED LUCIEN

FOR FUCKS SAKES
Skins are a lot easier to make than a new champion. More so one that needs a lot of balancing.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Candidus said:

Oh, Escapist.
But a hot weather girl.... how does that compare to say the third international dota championships with a prize pool of over 2.6 million dollars...

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Heh, I like the smiling cloud. I'm not into LoL so I wouldn't really know, but it seems they don't take themselves too seriously. Which can be either good or bad. No idea how well this fits in with the rest, although Corporate Mundo etc. sounds like this has been going on for a while, I guess.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
synobal said:
Candidus said:

Oh, Escapist.
But a hot weather girl.... how does that compare to say the third international dota championships with a prize pool of over 2.6 million dollars...
You see them reporting on any of the league competitive events? No? Oh.

Awkward.

EDIT:
MOTHERF

MY WORDS.

I EAT THEM.

OT:
Yay, I don't play Janna...

But I sure will play with Janna now.

And lose... A lot.

Good skin though :D The forecast for cawcawcaw is pretty great.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
synobal said:
It's almost like they're being given some kind of incentive to ignore Riot's competition.

But seriously, I barely care about LoL as it is, I care about scantily clad skins for characters other than Thresh, Amumu and Zilean even less.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
Candidus said:

Oh, Escapist.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126779-DoTA-2-Clan-Alliance-Takes-Home-The-International-3-Gold

It's at the top of "Latest Content."

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Candidus said:

Oh, Escapist.
I was actually prepping an article on TI3 just after I posted this one, it should be up now. Also, our League of Legends fanbase appears to be bigger than our Dota 2 one, which is why I gave this story preference. Thanks!

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Me and some mates were comparing thoughts on the skin last night actually, verdict is that Rookie is wrong and it's pretty cool. :p

By the way, the disclaimer on the website is hilarious

"Riot Games in no way guarantees the accuracy of any weather predictions made by Forecast Janna. Any weather advice given by champions of the League is for entertainment only, and in no way reflects the weather patterns of any particular country or region. In the unlikely event that Forecast Janna's predictions match current weather conditions in your area this should be considered entirely coincidental and unintentional. Please consult your local news channel for accurate weather information."

Funny thing is someone would actually have a go at them for not being legit if this wasn't specifically stated.

At least they released a new Legendary for someone people at least kind of play. Hey, here's a good idea guys, let's release an Ultimate skin... For UDYR! Udyr is a very commonly picked character in all ELO brackests wouldn't you agree?

[sub][sub]What do you mean no?![/sub][/sub]

Some_weirdGuy

Nov 25, 2010
BanicRhys said:
synobal said:
It's almost like they're being given some kind of incentive to ignore Riot's competition.

But seriously, I barely care about LoL as it is, I care about scantily clad skins for characters other than Thresh, Amumu and Zilean even less.
Wait, so you *do* care though about scantily clad Thresh Amumu and Zilean skins? 0.0

...well, each to their own I guess
((on a serious note though those could be great if played for laughs)).

As for the subject at hand, the skin looks pretty neat. Wonder how it will sound.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
BanicRhys said:
synobal said:

Hi there!

We take allegations of being "paid off" by companies very seriously, as journalistic integrity is a very important thing here at the escapist. I can assure you that no money changed hands to produce this article (except what the escapist pays me per article), and I am simply an enthusiastic League of Legends fan that enjoys covering League of Legends related news.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Some_weirdGuy said:
Wait, so you *do* care though about scantily clad Thresh Amumu and Zilean skins? 0.0

...well, each to their own I guess
((on a serious note though those could be great if played for laughs)).
Oh yah, I might even start playing actual matches if they stuck Zilean in a speedo or something.

Some_weirdGuy said:
Hi there!

We take allegations of being "paid off" by companies very seriously, as journalistic integrity is a very important thing here at the escapist. I can assure you that no money changed hands to produce this article (except what the escapist pays me per article), and I am simply an enthusiastic League of Legends fan that enjoys covering League of Legends related news.
I never thought you were being paid off, I was just making fun of how some people tend to jump to that conclusion far too readily.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
The Wykydtron said:
Me and some mates were comparing thoughts on the skin last night actually, verdict is that Rookie is wrong and it's pretty cool. :p

By the way, the disclaimer on the website is hilarious

"Riot Games in no way guarantees the accuracy of any weather predictions made by Forecast Janna. Any weather advice given by champions of the League is for entertainment only, and in no way reflects the weather patterns of any particular country or region. In the unlikely event that Forecast Janna's predictions match current weather conditions in your area this should be considered entirely coincidental and unintentional. Please consult your local news channel for accurate weather information."

Funny thing is someone would actually have a go at them for not being legit if this wasn't specifically stated.

At least they released a new Legendary for someone people at least kind of play. Hey, here's a good idea guys, let's release an Ultimate skin... For UDYR! Udyr is a very commonly picked character in all ELO brackests wouldn't you agree?

[sub][sub]What do you mean no?![/sub][/sub]
I feel Udyr is now more popular if just for that skin. So I guess it did work. A bit.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
It's weird to see Janna covered in that much clothing. And even this is fanservice-y. Oh Riot, you never change.

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
BanicRhys said:
I don't think you'd want a scantily clad skin for amumu.
He'd just turn to dust. A pile of dust with a thong.

If you want him to keep his bandages though, his default is basically naked ;P