League of Legends to Feature in Game of Thrones Cross-Promotion

Evil mr dave

Apr 28, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:
Evil mr dave said:
hickwarrior said:
Evil mr dave said:
I swear to all the powers of Chaos combined that if they include Lux in this trailer I'm fucking done with Riot.
why would that be?
[Trap Card Activation Intensifies]

The ADHD version of this story is this: Everything is wrong with her design (model, gameplay, lore, etc.); none of it makes sense in relation to any other part of her design and I would be pleased as punch if they addressed these glaring issues.

The full version can be found in this drunken essay I wrote 8 months ago when Aatrox was release:

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3482161

Some of the jokes are dated because I hadn't finished Storm of Swords at the time, but I think it gets the point across. All in all probably a sill idea to do the trailer, I for one like silly ideas, so ima give it the benefit of the doubt.

Have you seen mister Tibbers?

Hopefully they will have some fun with this. Cross promotional skins would be nice.
Honestly, that would be fucking ace. Can you imagine a Tyrion skin for Gragas? #Shutupandtakemymoney

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
Evil mr dave said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Evil mr dave said:
hickwarrior said:
Evil mr dave said:
I swear to all the powers of Chaos combined that if they include Lux in this trailer I'm fucking done with Riot.
why would that be?
[Trap Card Activation Intensifies]

The ADHD version of this story is this: Everything is wrong with her design (model, gameplay, lore, etc.); none of it makes sense in relation to any other part of her design and I would be pleased as punch if they addressed these glaring issues.

The full version can be found in this drunken essay I wrote 8 months ago when Aatrox was release:

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3482161

Some of the jokes are dated because I hadn't finished Storm of Swords at the time, but I think it gets the point across. All in all probably a sill idea to do the trailer, I for one like silly ideas, so ima give it the benefit of the doubt.

Have you seen mister Tibbers?

Hopefully they will have some fun with this. Cross promotional skins would be nice.
Honestly, that would be fucking ace. Can you imagine a Tyrion skin for Gragas? #Shutupandtakemymoney
No, they'll make Tyrion Teemo and give him a crossbow.

softclocks

Mar 7, 2014
It's like hungry hungry hippos, only they're supposed to be people :D

Some of the more obvious cash-grabs I've seen.

psychopez

Jan 25, 2010
Or just have certain characters be GoT House Sigils:

Zyra - House Tryell
Warwick - House Stark
Nidalee - House Lannister
Vel'Koz - House Greyjoy
Anivia - House Arryn

etc etc...

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Brace yourself...minions are spawning. (Sorry...had to say it!)

Ya know, I've never really gotten into LoL... *waits until people stop gasping* PEOPLE LIKE ME EXIST!!! Yeesh...anyways, despite it being an obvious corporate move, I could definitely see where both groups could have a lot of fun with this. Besides the memetic stuff (like I did), it would be kinda fun to see how the two worlds mesh.

Mind you this is coming from the guy that still wants to see Gordon Freeman and Chell as playables in a future TF2 expansion, but you get the idea.

Jan 27, 2011
I....umm......Uhh.....

I don't know what the hell to think of this...

I really don't... 0_o

Unless they make a trailer that goes like this:
Twisted fate is in a bar, playing poker with a bunch of guys from game of thrones that everyone likes.
Suddenly, Graves kicks down the door.

Graves: The League of legends sends its regards!
*unloads tons of bullets at twisted fate, who teleports out harmlessly, but all the game of thrones characters die*
Graves: GODDAMMIT!

Then it would be pretty funny. XD

GamemasterAnthony said:
Brace yourself...minions are spawning. (Sorry...had to say it!)
You got a chuckle out of me. ;) well done.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Much as I love LoL and much as I am into Game of Thrones (without actually watching it of course, I just follow it), this still sounds REALLY dumb.

Rpground

Aug 9, 2009
Out of everything you chose League of Legends...anything else would of been better...ANYTHING!

Drejer43

Nov 18, 2009
"vice president of eSports and merchandising at Riot Games" This guys is doing a shit job of merchandising league of legends to be honest.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
... I really don'r have any words for this.

Who the fuck came up with this? It seems like such a weird and arbitrary marketing strategy.