League of Legends Trolls Can Now Be Banned Within 15 Minutes of Offending

NerAnima

Jun 29, 2013
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:
but prepared for the horror stories to start rolling in once the system is fully automated.
I can see it now..."Glitch in new system perma-bans 3/4ths of the entire player base." xD
And people will still be calling for Irelia/Kat to be nerfed, I can bloody well guarantee it. (I would have gone for the Garen joke there, but it's too obvious.)

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
NerAnima said:
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:
but prepared for the horror stories to start rolling in once the system is fully automated.
I can see it now..."Glitch in new system perma-bans 3/4ths of the entire player base." xD
And people will still be calling for Irelia/Kat to be nerfed, I can bloody well guarantee it. (I would have gone for the Garen joke there, but it's too obvious.)
I love how they nerfed Kat without really nerfing her. "Ok, her passive only works if she damaged someone within 3 seconds before they died."...still doesn't stop her from killing the crap out of the entire enemy team.

Oh I love that redheaded vixen. :3

GeneralChaos

Dec 3, 2010
So, is this 1/6000 false positive rate:
Out of six thousand people wrongly reported, one is punished
Out of six thousand people reported (good or bad), one person is punished who should not be
For every six thousand people punished, one did not deserve it

Those are VERY different numbers in the end, but which can all be reasonably described as 1/6000 false positive rate. I hope it's the first or third, but it's not very clear

Khymerion

Apr 10, 2012
Wow... over a 99.984% accuracy rate for a digital system? Most corporations and automated systems would be ecstatic over such high standards and results yet there are still people who complain that the system's rate of success is not a 99.9999% or some other unreasonably high standard. Of well, this is why there are appeal processes or... more appropriately, people could just stop acting like savages and know that if they do have to go through the process, that there is a 99.984% chance that they will be cleared or rightly punished for being an uncivilized fool.

Like I said, a 99.984% success rate is phenomenal for any system. The few who incorrectly fall through the cracks will not be sufficiently noticed or cared about. That is an acceptable margin of error in any system.

NerAnima

Jun 29, 2013
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:
I love how they nerfed Kat without really nerfing her. "Ok, her passive only works if she damaged someone within 3 seconds before they died."...still doesn't stop her from killing the crap out of the entire enemy team.

Yep, I love her too, but I love people that can negate people like her even more (Sona, Leona, Braum, etc.)
It sort of seemed to work for Jinx, at least.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
NerAnima said:
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:

but I love people that can negate people like her even more (Sona, Leona, Braum, etc.)
You forgot to mention a Bard that's on the same team as Kat. :p

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:

but I love people that can negate people like her even more (Sona, Leona, Braum, etc.)
Oh god, bard... BARD... BA.................RD!!!

OT- I think an automated system would be great for sorting the reports, but a person still needs to be involved in the punishment.

Silvianoshei

May 26, 2011
xxobot said:
I for one welcome our robot overlords.

Steven Bogos said:
1 in 6000
For a game this size, even if only a subset of players end up in the system, that is a staggering number of false positives.
The problem is that the data was collected when people did not know that the system was being tested. If they know there is a way to potentially ban players on another team, even if its a 1 in 6000 chance, there are some people who will just report everyone on the other team in every game to potentially get a free win.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
1 in 6000 false positive is acceptable? I guess, so long as you're not that one "lucky" one.

I don't like this. Besides the usual problem of there being people who report others for kicks or for petulant reasons, "toxic" players will just become like escapist posters in that they will learn to limbo under what constitutes an offence and goad/snark/bait their "target" into saying something that will screw themselves over. Heck if a player does something unpopular like saying..PICKING BARD, and entire team reports him/her for it, wouldn't they get autobanned under this new bot?

People are good at trolling, gonna take more then a ban bot to put that to rest.

NerAnima

Jun 29, 2013
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:

Or just have Bard on the same Map as Kat. Perhaps Bard was just made to troll people, idk, certainly wouldn't doubt it. But if he can turn Kat into a golden statue mid-spin, I'm all for it. >:D

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
An automated system that takes the time to accumulate enough data on a player to determine a pattern of bad behavior and, only after the pattern's been determined, issues a ban, is a good system. It drastically cuts down on the number of false positives and is still effective at removing the troublesome players from the community.

An automated system that issues bans within 15 minutes of receiving reports?

Terrible fucking idea. This system will be so rife with abuse I foresee Riot doing an immediate 180 on it's implementation.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
NerAnima said:
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:

Or just have Bard on the same Map as Kat. Perhaps Bard was just made to troll people, idk, certainly wouldn't doubt it. But if he can turn Kat into a golden statue mid-spin, I'm all for it. >:D
I'm pretty sure if you life up Bard's mask you'll just find a giant TrollFace...I honestly don't know what the hell they were thinking when they came up to him. His portal ability is pretty neat...but Dat Ult...it's often more detrimental to his team than helpful. >.>

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I'm not clever enough to figure out how people could abuse this, yet that's all everyone is saying.

At the very least, the toxic playerbase can at least find some new words to use to insult people.

NerAnima

Jun 29, 2013
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:
RJ 17 said:
NerAnima said:

I'm pretty sure if you lift* up Bard's mask you'll just find a giant TrollFace...I honestly don't know what the hell they were thinking when they came up to him. His portal ability is pretty neat...but Dat Ult...it's often more detrimental to his team than helpful. >.>
Would you believe me if I said that I had a Bard jungle who used his ult quite well? He's probably the exception, but he did very well, considering it was a Bard jungler.

Also, I'd bet more money that he looks like Jiraiya under that mask. Just something about that hair and the way he moves; maybe I'm just imagining things.

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
Well I hope this thing works, because I just had a game with the sort of people I'd really like to be removed.

Thought I'd play a quick ARAM while waiting for something and noticed I had some RP points. Got tempted to use one of those skin boosts that gives everyone a random skin for a game just for fun, hoping happy players played better.
I did not pick a skin myself since I quite like the normal Malph look, so about 30 sec into the game one of them goes off the rails about what a moron I am and how much I suck for not picking a skin. Others joined in shortly after that.

While it is true I do suck at the game, and I can mute them, the response just left me sort of shocked that people even think like that, I just don't get it. I mean you do something nice that you didn't even have to do and they still attack you? How did it ever come to this?