Leaked info reveals a bunch of new games that are gonna be shown at E3 2018.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015

Basically a bunch of games that was supposed to be revealed in E3 this year got leaked by a Walmart internet page under the Pre Order list. The games so far being:

A new Splinter Cell
A new Assassin's Creed.
Just Cause 4
Dragon Quest 2 for Xbone and PS4 (I assume this is some kind of remake?)
LEGO DC Villains
Borderlands 3
RAGE 2
Gears of War 5
Forza Horizon 5

Of that list the games that interest me are Splinter Cell, Rage 2 and the New Assassin's Creed game and everything else I no longer care for.

That mission in Ghost Recon Wildlands with Sam Fisher's cameo (and old voice actor) all but confirms that its a sign that a new Splinter Cell game is gonna happen, and I just HOPE they take notes from the classic trilogy of games and not dumb it down too badly. And heck knowing Ubisoft's insistance on all their games being open world, they could make a more stealthier The Phantom Pain style of game at least. Just please make a Good Splinter Cell game that everyone will like.

So RAGE is getting a sequel eh? Are they gonna use the same engine for Doom 2014 because really I liked RAGE's post apocalyptic setting better than Borderlands at least, and you can only go up in terms of quality with a sequel of this game

I am curious for the New Assassin's Creed and what setting it will take place, They already did almost everything from Ancient Egypt/Rome to 19th Century Victorian England. So either we are getting China/Japan Assassin's Creed or World War II.

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
There's no way they're remaking Dragon Quest 2. I'm the only person that would buy that and 2 isn't that popular anyway. Also because 1 isn't mentioned and 1 and 2 are always packaged as a pair because neither is that long.

Could it be just a messed up listing for Dragon Quest Builders 2? That's already announced, but not out yet.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, nothing there really interests me. Looks like I'm going to be watching for Nintendo mostly.

Fingers crossed for Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, & Metroid Prime 4.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
while Rage was suffer from bad engine mostly. its a game that deserve another chance and there is lot of room for improvement.

Rage 2 is real and most like according by bethesda teased it will announce by tommorow.

Splinter cell? please ubisoft bring it back to roots and do what Hitman 2016 did with franchise

Just cause 4 will be cool too. its more fun version of open world than far cry.

others i dont care.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Nothing that interests me at all, sadly.
Just a bunch of sequels to mostly mainstream popular multi-platform games.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silvanus said:
Hmm, nothing there really interests me. Looks like I'm going to be watching for Nintendo mostly.

You also have to factor in games like Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Last of Us 2 which the latter will most likely come out this year.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Samtemdo8 said:
You also have to factor in games like Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Last of Us 2 which the latter will most likely come out this year.
That's true. Last of Us 2 will be of interest to me, but it looks like it's the only upcoming PS4 game that will.

...Unless the optimists are right, and Bloodborne 2 is real (or that 'Shadows Die Twice' game also turns out to be something interesting).

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silvanus said:
Samtemdo8 said:
That's true. Last of Us 2 will be of interest to me, but it looks like it's the only upcoming PS4 game that will.

...Unless the optimists are right, and Bloodborne 2 is real (or that 'Shadows Die Twice' game also turns out to be something interesting).
I especially hope we see this game come out:

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I wonder if Just Cause will finally concede it's basically perfectly suited to coop shenanigans.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
RAGE is the obvious surprise of the lot. Even with Bethesda seemingly trying to put itself up with the big boys as a multi-franchise AAA publisher, I wouldn't have expected that one to come back around.

Splinter Cell is the obvious second. How many if the rooted in similarity franchises can Ubisoft try and float simultaneously. Or this is going to be some quick contract fulfillment of them having to put out X games in a period to keep their Tom Clancy rights so they can keep rolling their existing "services".

Just Cause 3 is literally the only title I've managed to get Sony to give a refund on due to technical problems (and I got it in a sale a year or more after it came out). So here's to it maybe being actually playable this time around?

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Splinter Cell has basically been a corpse on life-support since 2006, I wonder how they are going to further mess up the series this time?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Out of all of these, I can only care about Gears of War 5, and even that's tinged by disappointment since it indirectly confirms that The Coalition isn't working on the rumored Perfect Dark sequel. :(

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
I propose a E3 drinking game: drink every time a sequel/new installment in a franchise is announced. If the sequel number in the title is 3 or higher, drink that amount of times.

Bet you could get epically shitfaced.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Silvanus said:

yoshi and fire emblem and pretty much guarateed at this point as they both already have confirmed definite 2018 release dates.

Pokemon and Metroid Prime 4 are a maybe, those 2 will likely get trailers but might end up being 2019 games.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Yoshi178 said:
Metroid Prime 4 might end up being 2019 game.
They better, my inner Metroid fanboy demands it. Otherwise Shuntaro Furukawa may one day enter his office to find an irate simian in his chair, along with a several months-worth heaping pile of feces to fling.

On a related note, learned Retro Studios isn't developing it. Kinda bummed about that, tho not necessarily worried.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Chimpzy said:
I propose a E3 drinking game: drink every time a sequel/new installment in a franchise is announced. If the sequel number in the title is 3 or higher, drink that amount of times.

Bet you could get epically shitfaced.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Entertainment_Expo_2018#List_of_confirmed_games

That's quite a lot of drinking already.