Leaked info reveals a bunch of new games that are gonna be shown at E3 2018.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Hawki said:
Chimpzy said:
I propose a E3 drinking game: drink every time a sequel/new installment in a franchise is announced. If the sequel number in the title is 3 or higher, drink that amount of times.

Bet you could get epically shitfaced.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Entertainment_Expo_2018#List_of_confirmed_games

That's quite a lot of drinking already.
Indeed. Although looking at that list, should probably make an exception for numbered games for the "drink X times if nr. is 3 or higher" rule if the number refers to a year.

Otherwise, well, Farming Simulator 19.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Yoshi178 said:
yoshi and fire emblem and pretty much guarateed at this point as they both already have confirmed definite 2018 release dates.

Pokemon and Metroid Prime 4 are a maybe, those 2 will likely get trailers but might end up being 2019 games.
Unfortunately, I don't place much stock in release dates any more. Too many times have they been missed. I do certainly believe Yoshi will be coming out this year, though, because we've seen a good deal of gameplay, and it looks pretty damn polished already.

I wouldn't mind if Metroid Prime 4 ends up being 2019, because I only recently got the Prime Trilogy (trying to catch up before the new one). I'll need a good while to make my way through those at a leisurely pace.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Samtemdo8 said:
I especially hope we see this game come out:

Interesting. I hope it doesn't devolve into a shooter like Dark Corners of the Earth (or an open world survival, being the equivalent trend of this generation).

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Well looks like Microsoft?s coming out swinging yet again with the usual suspects, Gears and Forza. They should throw in more Halo for a trifecta!

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
CaitSeith said:
Samtemdo8 said:
I especially hope we see this game come out:

Interesting. I hope it doesn't devolve into a shooter like Dark Corners of the Earth (or an open world survival, being the equivalent trend of this generation).
It is a trend that was made in response to the last trend in games, Linear, heavily cinematic, mostly shooter games with no replay value. Modern Military Shooters basically, and games like Uncharted are also guilty of it.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Samtemdo8 said:
It is a trend that was made in response to the last trend in games, Linear, heavily cinematic, mostly shooter games with no replay value. Modern Military Shooters basically, and games like Uncharted are also guilty of it.
A game based directly on Lovecraft's fiction shouldn't really be a shooter at all. Ideally, I'd like something which controls similarly to Amnesia, but with some (rather limited, melee) combat.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silvanus said:
Samtemdo8 said:
A game based directly on Lovecraft's fiction shouldn't really be a shooter at all. Ideally, I'd like something which controls similarly to Amnesia, but with some (rather limited, melee) combat.
I made that post in response to the trend of Open World Survival games today.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Yoshi178 said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Gears of War 5
Forza Horizon 5
Where's Halo?
Hopefully on its way to making a surprise appearance - leak isn't the be all and end all of what'll be shown at E3.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Samtemdo8 said:

Basically a bunch of games that was supposed to be revealed in E3 this year got leaked by a Walmart internet page under the Pre Order list. The games so far being:

A new Splinter Cell
A new Assassin's Creed.
Just Cause 4
Dragon Quest 2 for Xbone and PS4 (I assume this is some kind of remake?)
LEGO DC Villains
Borderlands 3
RAGE 2
Gears of War 5
Forza Horizon 5

Of that list the games that interest me are Splinter Cell, Rage 2 and the New Assassin's Creed game and everything else I no longer care for.

That mission in Ghost Recon Wildlands with Sam Fisher's cameo (and old voice actor) all but confirms that its a sign that a new Splinter Cell game is gonna happen, and I just HOPE they take notes from the classic trilogy of games and not dumb it down too badly. And heck knowing Ubisoft's insistance on all their games being open world, they could make a more stealthier The Phantom Pain style of game at least. Just please make a Good Splinter Cell game that everyone will like.

So RAGE is getting a sequel eh? Are they gonna use the same engine for Doom 2014 because really I liked RAGE's post apocalyptic setting better than Borderlands at least, and you can only go up in terms of quality with a sequel of this game

I am curious for the New Assassin's Creed and what setting it will take place, They already did almost everything from Ancient Egypt/Rome to 19th Century Victorian England. So either we are getting China/Japan Assassin's Creed or World War II.
I hate Rich from ReviewTech. Dude, never has anything relevant to say. If you don't like E3 dude, don't watch it. And I ain't defending E3 either, but fuck Rich. Samtemdo8 I don't recommend following or listening anything this guy has to say.