Leaked Photo Reveals Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition Details

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
I think at this point the haters are officially more annoying and bigger assholes than the fanboys.

As for me it depends on how much extra cost the edition will be. I'd rather have features like this than paying for some night vision goggles or toy RC-XD car or whatever stuff they packaged with the last ones.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
Definitive experience? It's missing a few things imo, for example wheres the pot of jam/jelly to throw over your face when you get shot?

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
Release a special piece of paper (usually with something you could just as easily print out on a computer. Assuming its not some 3 paragraph piece of junk no one cares about). Usually a toy that the vast majority of the community will never use. And then the promise of DLC which, in actuallity, should have just been on the game. And how much will that run you - $10, $15, $20 on top of your original $60?!?!?

Try $90. Plus the extra $60. I'll grant Call of Duty this - they are offering far more than the Gears of War special edition. But that offer is total crap. Most of the stuff is just useless junk. Just who cares enough to spend the extra money for a service that in a year will cost you money to renew, a few extra emblems and a color palette swap? Its downright robbery, and it sickens me when I see it.

What other medium is it okay to charge 150% the normal price for useless junk that you are not going to look at. Its bad enough when games cost $60, and people still dish that out. Why willingly dishout the cost of that game, PLUS the cost of another game, PLUS the cost of half of a game, for useless crap? This trend has to stop.
I agree. Special editions are no different than other forms of microtransactions. Much DLC these days can be included in the source game but will instead be sold seperately for more money per content than the original game. I just played through and beat the DLC for dragons Age 2 in a single night. I paid $10 for one night of gaming.The source game lasted close to two weeks and I paid $50 for that. WoW sells character appearance changes for 30 dollars...enough for a top notch AAA game such as Mass effect 2. A visual effect for a games fee.

We all know its a rip off but the truth is we can afford to be ripped off, so the stuff sells.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
haha I can feel the call of duty fanboy's jumping up and down. ZOMG I found out about the hardened edition a day earlier.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Still waiting for an official announcement for a Prestige Edition. :p

I wanna have a remote controlled UAV to battle with my exploding RC car while wearing my toy NVGs. :p

(I just called it didn't I? Place your bets now. XD)

Leg End

Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
teh_Canape said:
"definitive experience for the Call of Duty fan"

nope, that would be Call of Duty 2: United Offensive.
Fixed that fer ya. :p

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
LegendaryGamer0 said:
teh_Canape said:

nope, that would be Call of Duty 2: United Offensive 2.
sorry, little typo there, but I fixed it

honestly, United Offensive was really amazing, but 2... man, 2 was just something else

Leg End

Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
teh_Canape said:
LegendaryGamer0 said:
teh_Canape said:

honestly, United Offensive was really amazing, but 2... man, 2 was just something else
Nousa get me wrong, I am a massive Dos head myself. :p
It's just, 2, when you play either the first or UO, you realize...
It's actually s step back. Albeit, a very good step back. :p
Also, this. It took 4 games to add back anything like it. :L
But, 2 was Bro-Tier. :p

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
LegendaryGamer0 said:
teh_Canape said:
LegendaryGamer0 said:
teh_Canape said:

Nousa get me wrong, I am a massive Dos head myself. :p
It's just, 2, when you play either the first or UO, you realize...
It's actually s step back. Albeit, a very good step back. :p
Also, this. It took 4 games to add back anything like it. :L
But, 2 was Bro-Tier. :p
yeah, too bad the flamethrower was almost useless

at least for me, I mean, I didn't get much ammo, and only found it as a pickable once