Leaked Poster Reveals Destiny 2 Release Date

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Leaked Poster Reveals Destiny 2 Release Date

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1390/1390921.jpg
PS4 gamers will get first access to Destiny 2 according to the poster.

Italian gaming website Eurogamer [http://www.leganetwork.it/2017/03/23/rumor-svelata-locandina-di-destiny-2/] is claiming that sources have indicated that these posters are legitimate.

Additionally, Twitter user Drunk Cat [https://twitter.com/alcoholikaust/status/844885433280610304] has also pointed out that the fine print of the poster states that PS4 is getting the game first, in the form of an exclusive beta. We have previously heard that this beta was slated for June.

We have reached out to Bungie for official confirmation. With this poster out in the wild, it should only be a matter of time before the publisher announces an official release date.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Wasn't Destiny an MMO, and weren't MMOs supposed to last for years and years, only requiring new content and patches to keep up to date and keep on spinning interest? WHY would you release a sequel and make everyone lose their levels and loot that they fought so hard to get?
This is just weird... and stupid.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
JenSeven said:
Wasn't Destiny an MMO, and weren't MMOs supposed to last for years and years, only requiring new content and patches to keep up to date and keep on spinning interest? WHY would you release a sequel and make everyone lose their levels and loot that they fought so hard to get?
Its not an MMO. Its First Person Diablo. Its frankly a more serious toned Barderlands. Destiny came out 3 years ago. Diablo got a sequel 4 years later. Destiny does not take long to get max level in. Neither did Diablo.

What's the problem?

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
JenSeven said:
Well Activision has decided it wants more money so lube up your wallet.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
So are we going to have to wait for the expansions to make it worth playing?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
To buck the trend, I actually quite enjoyed Destiny. And now that several of my friends have PS4s, I'll try to get them to pick it up with me and play together at launch.

Okay, I stopped playing just as the second expansion launched, but I literally had all the guns by that point. Multiple copies of some of them (I had literally dismantled like 4 MIDAS and I liked that gun a lot). But still. I think I'll be looking forward to this. Unless the FF7 Remake comes out at the same time...

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
10 YEAR PLAN
DESTINY HAS A 10 YEAR PLA- AHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHA

Yeah fucking right Activision. We knew you wouldn't support the first for 10 years.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
OManoghue said:
10 YEAR PLAN

Yeah fucking right Activision. We knew you wouldn't support the first for 10 years.
Who's to say "releasing a sequel after like three to four years" isn't part of that 10 year plan and they consider dropping the entire franchise at the 10 year mark?

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Destiny 2 on PC or GTFO.

Also, hopefully it feels a little less souless this time.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
erttheking said:
So are we going to have to wait for the expansions to make it worth playing?
I thought the exact same thing. What's the point in buying at launch when we know there's going to be multiple re-releases including the latest DLC afterwards?

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Is it going to include an in-game way to find people to play with?

In other words, are all of the game's features going to actually be in the game, or am I going to have to go to Bungie's website to read Grimoire entries again?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
It's an expansion pack where you have to relevel your character. Man, I played WoW back in the Burning Crusade days.

If they called Cataclysm "World of Warcraft 2", it wouldn't have made a difference.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Bindal said:
OManoghue said:
10 YEAR PLAN

Who's to say "releasing a sequel after like three to four years" isn't part of that 10 year plan and they consider dropping the entire franchise at the 10 year mark?
They said themselves there were going to be 3 games in the 10 year thing.

Not really much info on what Destiny 2 will entail from what I can find. Like two sentences in an interview that they're going to put some quests and NPCs out in the open world, not just in the hub area. Along with focusing on the RPG components a bit more.

I enjoyed the first one (even before they did the Final Fantasy 14 style reboot on it with Taken King), but I'm kind of cautious of getting on board with Round 2 without some demonstration that they've learned from their experience. Rise of Iron took a lot of backwards steps (Though that was also some B-team that did the expansion while the main team worked on 2), and the constant tug of war between having a co-op shoot'n'loot and a twitch-based even playing field FPS PvP game was just inane and dragged the whole game down.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I just hope they put the story of the game inside the game this time. I mean, I've heard scuttlebutt on the internet that makes a lack of explicit plot in the original somewhat understandable if true, but on the other hand, I still don't know why, say, SIVA was a problem that the Iron Lords had to try and wipe out. It seems to be working pretty good for those Splicers and the guardians using SIVA infused gear.