Learn to Play Street Fighter for 50 Bucks an Hour

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
TimeLord said:
Or just mash random buttons,

Which is much more fun and costs significantly less!
I'd argue that getting off that 21 hit combo when you know what you're doing is far more satisfying. :3

I shoulda done this when teaching almost every fighting gamer at my college Blazblue. Lesson learned. :(

Pat728

Feb 21, 2010
Or.... you could go look at the forums for these games for free and probably learn more. Am I the only one who thinks you look stupid selling or buying SF lessons?

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
TimeLord said:
Or just mash random buttons,

Which is much more fun and costs significantly less!
You just summed up my opinion. There's no way I'd pay money to learn a game.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
LustFull0ne said:
I gotta be honest here.

When I saw the title of this article, I did a double whammy. $50 bucks. $50 bucks for professional training......................I'm at a loss of words. It's just that I would't have the money to do this. Nor would I want to.

Chapper said:
Hmm, I play Rufus, so maybe I could pay $50 to let Wong instruct me.

That would be hilarious, because then I could throw as much garbage I'd want at him. I'd certainly pay for that. [sub][sub]Yes, I'm part of the Wong-hate group..[/sub][/sub]
This made me chuckle. I almost had to restrain myself from posting that EVO video of him versus that Adon player.
I watched the entire EVO stream with a couple of buddies, and oh my lord how much hype it was. I screamed in glee as I watched Wong get beaten by Vangief's Zangief (duh..) and then lost against Gamerbee's Adon in the loser's bracket. Unfortunately the stream cut of in the final between Daigo and Ricky Ortiz... But I hear Daigo won fair and square, which isn't a surprise, really.

Lust

Mar 23, 2010
Chapper said:
LustFull0ne said:
I gotta be honest here.

When I saw the title of this article, I did a double whammy. $50 bucks. $50 bucks for professional training......................I'm at a loss of words. It's just that I would't have the money to do this. Nor would I want to.

Chapper said:
Hmm, I play Rufus, so maybe I could pay $50 to let Wong instruct me.

That would be hilarious, because then I could throw as much garbage I'd want at him. I'd certainly pay for that. [sub][sub]Yes, I'm part of the Wong-hate group..[/sub][/sub]
This made me chuckle. I almost had to restrain myself from posting that EVO video of him versus that Adon player.
I watched the entire EVO stream with a couple of buddies, and oh my lord how much hype it was. I screamed in glee as I watched Wong get beaten by Vangief's Zangief (duh..) and then lost against Gamerbee's Adon in the loser's bracket. Unfortunately the stream cut of in the final between Daigo and Ricky Ortiz... But I hear Daigo won fair and square, which isn't a surprise, really.
Even though I wasn't watching the whole stream, I caught some of the videos posted after. Yeah, Daigo did good.

But that Wong match, holy hell, I haven't seen that many stunned faces before. Needless to say, I hope more people notice that not everyone is unbeatable.

I know, it's been said many times before, but, "people need to stop picking only top tier. Fight with a more diverse range of characters. "

/rant.

OT: $50 dollars is still a ridiculous amount of money for training, in any game.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Well to be honest I say good luck to them. You got the skills might as well try and make some money and in this world who can say no to alittle extra money. Personnaly This is not my thing If I pay that much an hour I better be learning the real fighting moves in RL

Mar 30, 2010
So someone pays $50 an hour to get taught how to play Street Fighter, and in their first real match after all the schooling gets trounced by an opponent who is just button-mashing....

Y'know, I don't think this'll take off, myself.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Chapper said:
I screamed in glee as I watched Wong get beaten by Vangief's Zangief (duh..) and then lost against Gamerbee's Adon in the loser's bracket
The best part about that was Vangief beat him using a pad instead of a stick. And also how Justin was talking about Adon being crap.

Honestly who the hell would pay $50 per hour for lessons? I got better at Street Fighter 4 with Ryu through practice, and hell, you're going to need to practice after the lessons anyway. You can learn the same amount from watching high level matches, and it costs a hell lot less.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
somelameshite said:
Chapper said:
I screamed in glee as I watched Wong get beaten by Vangief's Zangief (duh..) and then lost against Gamerbee's Adon in the loser's bracket
The best part about that was Vangief beat him using a pad instead of a stick. And also how Justin was talking about Adon being crap.

Honestly who the hell would pay $50 per hour for lessons? I got better at Street Fighter 4 with Ryu through practice, and hell, you're going to need to practice after the lessons anyway. You can learn the same amount from watching high level matches, and it costs a hell lot less.
Yup, I love how some people manage to do well with pads in tournaments, and Vangief's standing ultra is amazing! Everyone thought that was impossible.

Adon isn't bad. No character is bad. It's how the player uses them.