Least favorite thing about most anime series

Bibliotekaren

Jul 18, 2009
Not to mention when they've been fighting at light speed, moving to fast for the eye to see, but still can't dodge an obvious and slow energy attack. The only way to dodge these big, unadjustable attacks is of course to use your own kamehameha that takes ages to charge (albeit always just in time)

Goldhawk777

Jun 3, 2010
redeclipse said:
What's You least favorite thing about most anime series?

Mine would be how few episodes some of the good ones have compared to some of the less interesting long running one's.

The filler episodes where they go back to the beginning and "reconsider" all the decisions made.

Also, why does all the stupid characters have to have an irregular canine tooth? Watch anime when somebody is being funny, you will see it.

Goldhawk777

Jun 3, 2010
Harn said:
The way they shout out every single attack they're going to use. Seriously, if you were fighting someone in real life and they shouted out 'SUPER LEFT HOOK ATTACK!' and then tried to hit you with a left hook, you would dodge it and punch them in the face.
That's when you kick them in the nuts, and shout, "DECOY!"

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Whenever one of the female characters yell "ONI-CHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at the top of her lungs. God damn that is annoying.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Limited animation. Yes, I realize that anime is quite capable of producing some excellently animated sequences, but too often, I find that these bursts of fluidity are few and far between. Most of the time I find myself watching a bunch of characters stand ramrod still, while only their mouths move. It makes the transition between a nearly stillframe picture and an action scene incredibly jarring.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Well everything i hate has been listed. The filler, the fans, the super mega huge boobies, the huge eyes, the people who complain about dubs(seriously shut the heck up. Dub is always better then reading subs for twenty minutes and missing half the stuff that happens) but my least favorite is the lack of all interesting characters. Most animes miss that.

ReinofFire

Jun 30, 2009
Dubs. Not the people who like dubs, just dubs. I beleive that the show should be watched in the language it was made in. I don't really mind reading subtitles.

I also have other things to not like about anime but far too few people would agree with me so I guess I will save them for another time.

Oh, and anime where the bad guy is not a bad guy by mistake, i mean to where even his henchmen have a history of baby killings and stuff and like to see things in pain. Where the main baddy is not just bad, he is almost satan. (anime where the main bad guy is satan is excused).

Bocaj2000

Sep 10, 2008
Huh, a lot of my hatred came very early in the topic. Two things haven't been mentioned yet though:

Furries- even if the character is interesting, I simply won't watch an anime where humans have tails and animal ears. This annoys me to no end.

The hair- Yes, I know, but come on...

EDIT: I completely forgot this (probably because it's more of a general pet peeve than an anime related one)- bad writing. I don't know if this is due to mistranslation or due to the sheer number of anime out there (meaning that the more there are, the lower percentage of good material).

jameskillalot

Apr 27, 2010
the need to add things that series would otherwise be good without, and also the need of most animes to end in a bitterweet note, or maybe that's just the ones i end up watching, i hate bitter sweet...

Fatalistic

Jul 15, 2010
I think the little gasps or growls characters make when they are in a "dramatic" conversation with another character are pretty annoying...

"So, I went to the store yesterday..."
"...Yeah?"
"...And I met some one there. Some one... important."
"...Who?"
"...Your mother."
*Gasp*
"Yes, your mother!"

Lord Aronsworth

Jul 20, 2010
Country
USA
bleh002 said:
The fans.
This one most of all. Other than that...

4Kids getting their paws on it.
The fact that no matter who writes it, it all has the same humor.
Filler. Filler made me lose interest in Bleach.
Unnecessarily long runs. Detective Conan and One Piece more than others. I love both, and I'm the type to buy box sets. 400+ episodes=no friggin way.
The god-awful video games they inspire.