Leave Cthulhu Alone.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Suicidejim said:
Cthulhu is indeed the most widely recognized figure on Lovecraft's Mythos.
THANK YOU!

Cthulhu is definitely the most iconic H.P Lovecraft creation out there. It was great to have funny spin offs like Cthulhu saves the world since he is a apocalyptic hell bringer.

Realitycrash said:
..And "aware how silly we can be". Geeze, it was a self-aimed joke. But fine, go ahead and don't get it, and ignore whatever I said. You're right as a forum-user.
Just tossing it out there, but it seems like your trying to cover your own ass to cover the giant glaring hole in it which is a fanboy is actually a fanatic, so by default your going to be way to one-sided to actually get anywhere with your argument.

Have you ever tried to argue with someone who is a fanboy of something like Halo and tell them that there is better games. Most likely, they'll be to one sided to want to see your side, just by default.

-------------------------------------------------------

Its a good thing. Relatively, its good that Lovecraft didn't die off when he did die, but the spreading of Cthulhu's name among many others is actually keeping his memory alive.

There are many writers and others that are lost to the tombs of time, but the telling of myths and singing of legends keeps these people's memory alive so new generations can enjoy their tales of whimsy.

Andrew_C

Mar 1, 2011
My favourite Mythos stories are "The Rats in the Wall", "The Colour out of Space" and "From The Mountain of Madness".

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Meh. Just enjoy it.

Since its not ruining anything canon, let it gather publicity and surely SOME of the products being made will kick ass. I've never read anything by Lovecraft but Arkham Horror is one of my all-time favorite past-times.

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Carbonyl said:
brandon237 said:
Realitycrash said:
instead of parroting Cthulhu into yet another internet-meme.
Now you know why people do this.
Now you also know why they will never, ever ever totally stop doing it.

Just look at the damn page for TvTropes Cthulhu Mythos! [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CthulhuMythos]

Remember these words or Cthulhu is gonna come for us all.
[small]That was kinda mean, I'm sorry.[/small]
[sub]But Cthulhu won't be...[/sub]
[sub][sub][small][small][small]Sorry[/small][/small][/small][/sub][/sub]
WHY DID YOU LINK TO TVTropes WHY. IT'S BEEN FOUR HOURS SINCE I CLICKED THE LINK FROM YOUR POST.

.....My captcha is "face the music".
Time for my lab report.
I never understood why people got so insanely addicted to tvtropes, I've never been on it for more than 1 minute. Care to share the appeal?

OT: I want the complete works really badly, I've always had an interest in Lovecraft but never acted on it.