LED USB shoes, would you wear them.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015

Man im getting old. Okay so I'm 28, and i just discovered these existed. So naturally i texted my best friend and asked her if i could rock these. Her response was, and i quote " hell no, what are you 12?".

But these shoes come in kids and adult sizes, so i assume that these shoes are also for adults. I personally don't see myself wearing them, but I'm unsure if its because I'm too old or if it's because I'm no where near cool enough to pull them off. Both possibilities made me sad.

So now my question is threefold:

A) have you heard of/seen these shoes.
B) would you buy these shoes.
C) who do you think the demographic for these shoes are? Kids? Teens? Stylish adults? All of the above?

Please make me feel better...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
A Kinda? I just remember the light up ones than the LED ones.
B No. It look kinda fancy like and I just view shoes for pratical purposes only. Once the show is worn down in a couple of years, I thrown them (or sent it to charity) and get new ones.
C No offence but I say kids but again this is coming from a guy who doesn't want attention and wearing those would make me stand out abit more.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
A. I have heard of shoes with that concept (not to mention things like SKETCHERS LIGHT UPS from back in the day) but not of this particular shoe. Does that count?

B. Oh God no....just...no....no.........no..............no

Hmmmm....that doesn't do my "No" justice...

Still not quite enough but it'll have to due.

C. The only adults I can possibly image wanting these kind of things are rappers (or any adult with a LOOK AT MEEEEEEE!!!! sense of style but I would see Rappers being the ones to really glom onto it). I could also see little kids really liking them as well (that's who those SKETCHERS LIGHT UPS were targeted for). I don't think teenagers would go for it at all as it just looks like something someone trying too hard would want to wear.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
A) Not the LED ones, but i remember seeing some kid wearing shoes that would light up and i thought that they looked cool, but i was like 5yo.
B) No way. Not my thing. I would rather wear slippers.
C) I think it's a stupid looking thing, unless you would only wear them to a rave or something.

vashthblackseed

Mar 31, 2011
a) Heard of them, no. But their existence does not surprise me.
b) Waste of money.
c) Ravers; Idiots who buy shit when they're high; and a small percentage purchase them for a costume/cosplay.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
a) Seen them on some dancing videos while scrolling through some newsfeed.
b) Not even ironically. Although I'm interested in the mechanics behind it, I like tinkering with stuff, and the RGB LED stripe and sensors to trigger them would make a fun homeproject.
c) I have no idea about "fashion" anymore. It transcended my sensibilities a long time ago. And in the age of fidget spinners, I'm not sure I'd like to know the answer.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
A) Nope. This is the first time I've seen these particular shoes. Though, like tippy said, the idea has been around for years.

B) Last time I had shoes with lights in them was around 2000, and I had those things for like two years before I found out they lit up at all. I would definitely give these a hard pass without giving it a second thought.

C) Like with most of the clothes I deal with at work, these are probably aimed at idiots with way too much money. Granted $60 isn't that bad for something like this, but I wouldn't trust the quality of them, especially if you have really sweaty feet as I can only imagine the sweat, fuzz, and other grime getting in the USB port and rendering them useless pretty quick.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
A. Yes, heard about them once or twice.
B. Hell no, I have at least some tiny smidgen of dignity.
C. Kids and complete tool adults.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
A: Never heard of them, though I've heard of similar things. I did own a pair of sneakers with those smaller light up parts in the heel back when I was a kid. This just seems like a more modern, flashier version of that.

B: Hell no. Even if I had the money to waste on them I wouldn't buy them.

C: The demographic is obviously kids for one. Other than that...maybe ravers? Or for people that go to other weird dress up parties? I could see people wearing them during carnival or other such flashy events as well. But I'd have trouble holding in my laugh if I saw an adult wearing them in daily life, while thinking "Dude/woman, you're not 12 any more..."

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I wouldn't buy them, and I would also feel justified in beating the shit out of anyone who wore them to a movie theater.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Scarim Coral said:
A Kinda? I just remember the light up ones than the LED ones.
B No. It look kinda fancy like and I just view shoes for pratical purposes only. Once the show is worn down in a couple of years, I thrown them (or sent it to charity) and get new ones.
C No offence but I say kids but again this is coming from a guy who doesn't want attention and wearing those would make me stand out abit more.
Kira is that you?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
A) They've been around since the late 20th century
B) No. Even if you could turn the thing off, it takes a bit of shopping round to find the shoes that are right for your feet, and I imagine they'd have not much variety. Now, LED lights that could be added to existing shoes seem a better idea, but I'd not wear them either
C) People who spend money on gimmicky products they rarely, if ever, use

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Isn't this just a more expensive version of those shoes you had as a kid that lit up when you walked?

Either way, no, I wouldn't wear them.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Never heard of them, totally expected them to exist.

I would rather buy those ridiculously priced Adidas shoes.

Probably teens I guess. I am pretty young though and I know no one who would even consider wearing this/

What's the point anyway? Its useless half the day.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
They ended up looking a lot slicker than I thought, conceivably I would buy them to wear to a Daft Punk concert or a Tron themed party that adults totally have
Actually it might be useful for a concert so you don't end up stepping on a water bottle or a drunk person's neck or something

Aug 31, 2011
I'm just going to answer B with my own questions:

A) Am I going to a rave where I shall be doing all the drugs?
B) Am I eight years old?
C) Do I often trip over my own feet in the dark?