LED USB shoes, would you wear them.

Mar 30, 2010
A) Nope.
B) Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.
C) Kids and hipsters.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
A. I wasn't aware but I'm not surprised

B. Absolutely fucking not

C. The same people who buy RGB mass pads, "rappers," and anyone who already owns a "hoverboard".

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I have never seen those before, and I would had wear them only as a toddler, when I had zero notion on good taste (unlike now that I have just a slightly notion). I really don't care who these are made for or who actually wears them. On the other side, they might be handy in case of a blackout at night.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Hell no. It's a silly idea. Except if you're rich, generous and like to walk around downtown precariat central at night.

A) YES
B) NO
C) Reduced intellect and bad taste come in all shapes and of all ages. I do not discriminate.

WishedSolid

Aug 21, 2017
If they would make them into an ankle length boot, and had a way to tie them into turn signals these would be pretty cool for more visibility on a motorcycle. But as they stand... yeah hipster/children are the target audience

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Heard of them and I have to say, they look even stupider than I imagine. No, I cannot imagine any context (besides bribery/blackmail) where I would want to wear those.

Do people still even go to raves anymore? I assumed that sometime in the late 90's/early 2000's ravers were like "lets just do the drugs and not bother with the shitty techno" and the whole scene ended.

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
As someone who loves LEDs and has even made a few pointless LED gadgets, I have to say...

...ew, no.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Pretty sure this would be worse than useless down in Pittsburgh, where...when it isn't raining or snowing...it's an intense machine-melting heat-up.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
My internet is playing up, so I can't see the image, but I can only assume that you are talking about those white plimsoles with the LED strip running around the bottom.

If so...
A) Both. I read about them being availible at a local supermarket. I have also seen a couple of kids running around with them at my previous job - I used to work at a laser tag site - and it was pretty cool given the surroundings (lots of bright lights and LEDs).
B) Absolutely not. Frankly, in everyday life, If I was walking through the city wearing those, i'd look like a tosser. They'd probably look cool in a nightclub, or something similar, but they really aren't my style.
C) Kids, definitely. I'd imagine cosplayers would get some use out if them, aswell.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
A) Back when I was a kid. They didn't light up this much back then though. I actually owned a pair. Having shoes that lit up sounded so cool.

B) Nope. I can imagine all the judgmental stares, shaken heads, and utterances of "Tool"

C) Perhaps attendees at a techno rave?

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
I love freaky blue light sculptures. However, No way in hell would I wear those atrocities. But then again, I am female and I like my shoes to have fine lines and subtle tones and not look like I am trying to be an extra in some sort of 80's flash dance break dancing flick with headbands and leg warmers with people running in place and doing the moonwalk.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
This footwear does not make stalking prey in the cold dead of night any easier. Plus i have a weird feeling they're not that environmentally friendly either.

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
LA Lights Mark IV

I'm anxious to see a video of someone doing the Melbourne Shuffle in them.

Yes, I've seen some LED clothing shuffle videos already. I like them. I don't know why.

Feb 7, 2016
They're show-offish without any appeal. Lights are a cheap way to get someone's attention. Once you actually see them, you realize you can get the exact same effect by getting a pair of ugly skate shoes and tape an LED strip to them.

Do kids even like light up shoes anymore? When my step brother was about 6 he said he thought they were really stupid and ugly.