Leeroy Jenkins Hits DVD With Year One and Monsters vs. Aliens

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Ahh, good ole' Leeroy. Btw, was Leeroy's 'last charge' real or a training video for a guild? I heard it was the latter, though I can believe the former, heh.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Doug said:
Ahh, good ole' Leeroy. Btw, was Leeroy's 'last charge' real or a training video for a guild? I heard it was the latter, though I can believe the former, heh.
It was staged for comedy's sake.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
Part of the hilarity of Leeroy Jenkins was the way he said his name, in the overexaggerated battle charge-esque yell. The Year One scene failed that, and that kind ruined it. Oh, and the Intimidating shout thing. The heck? The end was kinda funny, though, and I thought the "I need some divine intervention was funny, because not only would the guy need some to get out alive, but also because the irony of Romans generally not liking Christians.

The Monsters Vs. Aliens was a bit better.

Doctor_Insano

Oct 23, 2009
leeroy jenkins was funny, the first time i heard it/saw the clip. since then it has not been. the horse is dead, stop kicking it (plus they were alliance and deserved it) XD

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
References can be great if you pull them off. Year one failed. MvE though got me laughing though, it had the better war cry which is what really makes the joke plus the actor's voices actually... acted well.

None match the overpowering call of the original "LEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOY JJJEEEEENKIIIIINS!!!" though.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
It is a shame that the movie that got Leroy right, deleted the clip. Especially when the whole scene was quite humorous. And seeing that clip from Year One convinced me not to bother watching the movie. Urg.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
well it seems im wrong again... i thought they amusing...and i actually liked the year 1 one more..but...im wrong as usual