Legacy of Kain

Remleiz

Jan 25, 2009
But where would the story pick up after the last one? with the "death" of the Elder God and Raziels union with the reaver?

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
As much as I love the Legacy of Kain series and think that it was a real high-water mark for Silicon Knights - I reckon the series ought to end on the LoK: Defiance cliffhanger. After all, it's good to leave one's audience wanting more.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I love Legacy of Kain and they were actually working on a title after Defiance, which I have a link of, but the game was canceled.
http://nosgoth.yuku.com/topic/5561

It has some screenshots and it looks as if it were to be set after Blood Omen 2, or somewhere near that time.

Repulsionary

Jan 21, 2009
I've only ever played Soul Reaver, and I loved the game to death. It scared the crap out of me when I first tried to play it after it came out, but then again, I was like, 9 years old at the time. I recently bought it again to play it, and got stuck right before the second boss, as I can't find the third section of pipe that I need to push over in order to progress, but yeah. I've since misplaced the game, and will kill myself before I play through all of that for a third time.

And that game looks awesome, Slash. I wish they'd have kept with it, I would have loved to play it.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
The main story arc is pretty much wrapped up, I don't see how they could have made a sequel to Defiance. However, there is no reason why they couldn't have made a game about with a new story set in the same 'verse... like a game about the founding of the Sarafan order, for example.
On the other hand, this sounds like an approach to the 'Star Wars method' of milking a 'verse to its last stale droplets, so maybe it's better to let LoK rest. I WOULD be overjoyed to see a Soul Reaver remake, though, with a graphical and gameplay upgrade.

Repulsionary

Jan 21, 2009
Sonicron said:
I WOULD be overjoyed to see a Soul Reaver remake, though, with a graphical and gameplay upgrade.
Agreed on this. I would totally play through a Soul Reaver with a graphical upgrade again. And if they put it up on Steam, even better. Being able to control the camera distance would be SO helpful so many times. Mr. Bad Camera Angles plagued me throughout the whole game.
Keep the original voice acting, though.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Repulsionary said:
Sonicron said:
I WOULD be overjoyed to see a Soul Reaver remake, though, with a graphical and gameplay upgrade.
Agreed on this. I would totally play through a Soul Reaver with a graphical upgrade again. And if they put it up on Steam, even better. Being able to control the camera distance would be SO helpful so many times. Mr. Bad Camera Angles plagued me throughout the whole game.
I bought Soul Reaver for the Dreamcast and the camera is very frustrating.

Repulsionary

Jan 21, 2009
Slash Dementia said:
Repulsionary said:
Sonicron said:
I bought Soul Reaver for the Dreamcast and the camera is very frustrating.
When I played it recently, I found myself screaming at the TV and getting weird looks from my roommates several times because of the camera. There are at least four different instances that I can think of in which I would have solved the puzzle a WHOLE LOT faster with better camera controls. Three instances in which I would most definitely not have been force-shifted.

ZeeClone

Jan 14, 2009
Legacy of Kain is a deep fried awesome universe. But the story is told. It's time to move on.

Rocksa

Jul 26, 2008
wouldn't mind seeing a Blood Omen remake. Make it 3D, and make it to where the villagers talk about you more. Like what you do matters. Maybe let you make some people into vampires as well. I loved that game, and the world was so huge and the way that time passed and everything was so cool. I just remember wishing that at the time that I played it, that when I went on my night time hunts and wiped out entire villages as a wolf or just as a vampire, that other villages would mention it.

But then again, I'm an evil dick when it comes to sandbox type games.