Legacy Users - Get Your Badge Here

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I'm betting its impossible to get legacy now? I don't know how to link my profile v1
It seems to just redirect to the v2 frontpage now, but this should've been your v1 profile

It might take a while tho, depends on when Nick drops by this thread again. So a bit of patience. Anyway, don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to get legacy anymore. Wasn't hard to find your old posts in the v1 archive. I also remember you, for whatever that's worth.

Reactions: CM156

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
It seems to just redirect to the v2 frontpage now, but this should've been your v1 profile
Try it through Wayback Machine. Like this.

This redirect really sucks, by the way. Makes it so you can't even watch old Zero Punctuation on the site, which is bad because the Youtube uploads for some older videos are missing the credit gags for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chimpzy

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I hate that the V1 forum merge only brought over the post count and didn't correct the join dates for users that made a V2 account before the merge. Like, I joined the Escapist before evilneko, I was just more proactive ¬_¬

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
No idea if this is still a thing, but just in case...

HoneyVision

Jan 4, 2013
This was me

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
I hate that the V1 forum merge only brought over the post count and didn't correct the join dates for users that made a V2 account before the merge. Like, I joined the Escapist before evilneko, I was just more proactive ¬_¬
I've corrected your join date. We will put updating all legacy users' join dates into consideration :)

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I've corrected your join date. We will put updating all legacy users' join dates into consideration :)
Wow, thanks a lot! It's important that people know just how many decades of my life I've wasted here :P

Quick question while you're here. What is the reason the report button was removed? Were bots abusing it or something? It's not a huge deal, we've worked around it fine, I'm just curious.

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
Wow, thanks a lot! It's important that people know just how many decades of my life I've wasted here :P

Quick question while you're here. What is the reason the report button was removed? Were bots abusing it or something? It's not a huge deal, we've worked around it fine, I'm just curious.
I would tell you if I knew. I didn't even know it was removed!

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I would tell you if I knew. I didn't even know it was removed!
Yeah several months ago we lost the ability to report posts and also to send PMs to other users. The mods didn't know why either. Maybe a setting just got changed accidentally?

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
Yeah several months ago we lost the ability to report posts and also to send PMs to other users. The mods didn't know why either. Maybe a setting just got changed accidentally?
I have updated all of the register dates for legacy users. There were only 232 users out of sync.

I checked the Group Permissions and one of the users groups' permissions was probably interfering with the report functionality. Check again to see if it is showing up now.

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I have updated all of the register dates for legacy users. There were only 232 users out of sync.

I checked the Group Permissions and one of the users groups' permissions was probably interfering with the report functionality. Check again to see if it is showing up now.
Looks like it.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada

Yeah, the button is back now. Fantastic!

Still can't send PMs to other users, though. The 'start a conversation' button still doesn't appear when looking at their profile.

As I remember it the mods were still able to send pms but regular users lost the button, so it must be a permissions issue as well.

Last edited:

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
PMs will probably be disabled for the foreseeable future. Lots of spam/abuse issues there and on top of that, lots of V1 users have bad emails causing issues with our email provider since we don't have a good bounce email processing system set up.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
PMs will probably be disabled for the foreseeable future. Lots of spam/abuse issues there and on top of that, lots of V1 users have bad emails causing issues with our email provider since we don't have a good bounce email processing system set up.
Ok that's fine, I almost never used the feature. Thanks for letting me know why.

Triskutt900

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Hi there! Checking back in from a long time ago. Would love to get the legacy tag
I was heavily involved in the groups at the time, was able to keep up with a couple of people from then
I actually have 2 accounts, this being my backup that I was, fortunately, able to get into.

here is my old profile though, I no longer have access to that email :/ if an admin can help me get back into it somehow, I would love them forever

Last edited:

St0ckP4rts

Legacy
Jun 7, 2008
I just randomly stumbled in here after many years:

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
Hi there! Checking back in from a long time ago. Would love to get the legacy tag
I was heavily involved in the groups at the time, was able to keep up with a couple of people from then
I actually have 2 accounts, this being my backup that I was, fortunately, able to get into.

here is my old profile though, I no longer have access to that email :/ if an admin can help me get back into it somehow, I would love them forever
You now have Legacy access/badge, enjoy!

As far as restoring the old account, if you can confirm what email was on it via the Contact Us form we can look into it.

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
I just randomly stumbled in here after many years:

Legacy badge granted, enjoy!

Carrington666

Jun 21, 2009
I can't get the wayback machine to cooperate, but the "normal" profile
has the correct join date and links to my 2014-2016 posts, is that enough?