Legend of Grimrock Turns a Fast Profit

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
DVS BSTrD said:
gigastar said:
Ah, i saw this on thier forums earlier when looking for news on updates.

And its only right that i should make however much it did. I definitely feel the game to be worth my money, and i have little doubt i wouldnt feel otherwise if i bought it at full price.

DVS BSTrD said:
"Grimrock"? Sounds more like a 'Philosopher's Stone', AmIright?
Erm... no. Grimrock is the name of the mountain the dungeon is based in, so unless theres a Philosopher's Mountain i find it hard to call a comparison.
tobi the good boy said:
I believe he was making a veiled reference to philosophers having a melancholy or 'Grim' outlook on life that comes with their strong introspection and observation.
Actually I was saying that instead of calling it Grim-Rock, Philosopher's Stone <url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher%27s_stone>given how fast it made money
Awwww... My explanation was far more smarty pantsy. You totally should have rolled with it.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
I'm only on level 9, and I'm having a REALLY great time with this game.

I am really hoping that they release a level editor soon. It'll be really great to see what kind of dungeons other people are going to make!

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
I always wondered why the big publishers always harped on about their sales numbers but struggled to make profits, and commented years back about why they weren't making games with budgets they could afford - after all, (hypothetically) selling just 100,000 copies and covering development costs thrice over is much better than selling a couple million and making a loss. The numbers are less impressive but you're making a profit, and that's what freaking matters!

Good on these guys for working that out and making the economy work for them.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Ooh, classic dungeon crawler. I never really got into the niche years back, when I was first starting to get into gaming, but I'm willing to try anything new, so I might pick this title up when I get the chance.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Okay, I have to admit, this has interested me enough to try it. I'll add it to my wishlist, for now, but can't do anything about it since I'm cobbling money together for a big move, and don't want to risk things getting in the way while I prepare. Afterwards, we'll talk.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
ThunderCavalier said:
Ooh, classic dungeon crawler. I never really got into the niche years back, when I was first starting to get into gaming, but I'm willing to try anything new, so I might pick this title up when I get the chance.
same here, never played one before, but this is a fantastic place to start, the game is incredible. it is a really good game, and so easy to get drawn into. i just hope they keep expanding on their success