Legend of Korra Game Coming This Fall From Bayonetta 2 Studio - Update

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Now, I've never played a game by Platinum, but from what I have heard, they tend to do pretty darn well when it comes to third-person action games. What I am a fan of, however, is The Legend of Korra and all things Avatar, so I am pretty interested in how this will play out, especially seeing as this is a game based on the 3v3 Pro-Bending arena. So I am excited for this, and Im pretty interested in trying it out.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Oh man, can Platinum Games Vanquish the dreaded Curse of the License!?
It will not be easy but if anyone can do it, it's them. Anything is possible in this MadWorld we live in.
If they succeed I'm sure it will be Wonderful... 101.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Avatar and the creators of Metal Gear Rising?
Strap in, kids, we're in for something wonderful.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
Seems promising. I'm a big fan of the series.

Still, I would have liked to see some actual gameplay from the trailer. The trailer just shows pretty much a 30-second clip from the show.

Chris Ingersoll

Jun 21, 2013
roseofbattle said:
Platinum Games, the studio behind Wii U exclusive Bayonetta 2, is developing The Legend of Korra

The Legend of Korra will be available for download on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC everything but the Wii U.
It's been mentioned a couple of times already, but I want to point out how stupid it can be to mention a specific upcoming title instead of just naming the company outright.

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
I know it's going to sound petulant, but until Platinum ports Bayonetta 2 over to a system I actually have (PS3) or would actually buy because it has more than one game I'm interested in on it (because it's always great to give all the people who made Bayonetta successful enough for Nintendo to even want to fund it a big, fat middle finger), I refuse to buy any Platinum games, even though I know I'd most likely love them. I've never watched a single episode of Avatar, but it would have been a day one purchase for me. The day they port of Bayonetta 2, I'll pick this up, along with Metal Gear Rising, and anything else that they make between now and then. And I know quite a lot of people who feel exactly the same way.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Platinum games and Korra, GET FUCKING HYPE!.

but in all seriousness this is within Platinums court, they did great with Bayo 1 and will most likely for 2, they did great with all of their other games even if they didn't sell well they still did great for what they were.

All I can say is I hope Activision doesn't screw with what they've given them, they've clearly shown they now don't give a toss about the Transformers game license with their latest game which greatly disappoints me but this game will give me hope that at least this license can become something amazing.

Going to definitely grab this because it's my favourite studio and my favourite franchise combined, my only real gripe is that they're neglecting Wii U and I'd love to add it to the Bayo 1+2, W101 collection of platinum games.

Still gonna get psyched about this though, this has to be the year of Platinum.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
I... I never knew I wanted this but god damn do I want this so much now! Platinum games are awesome and while I was a little disappointed with Korra as a follow up to ATLA its still a good show. On that note I need to finish watching the second season of Korra...

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
So... should I just head straight into Korra or watch the initial series first? Becuase bugger me if I'm missing out on an easy to get Platinum game.

Mahariel

Aug 29, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
So... should I just head straight into Korra or watch the initial series first? Becuase bugger me if I'm missing out on an easy to get Platinum game.
Watch the initial series then Legend of Korra, some of the best in animation ever made in the west

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
I don't know if Hideki Kamiya is involved with this game, but I would consider this game to be disappointing if we don't have an Ammy skin for Korra's Polar Bear Dog.

Make it happen!

RedmistSM

Jan 30, 2010
Super cool. Legend of Korra is so-so(Last Airbender is great), but it's a cool setting and Platinum's great at action. I hope it won't be too short, though. Revengeance was a retail game, and that was what, 6 hours? I know you're supposed to play those kinds of games over and over again, but I feel like my backlog resents me if I play a game more than twice.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
A Legend of Korra game... by Platinum? Alright, I'm sold. I haven't gotten around to seeing the second season, so maybe I'll get to that first.

But I want my Platinum made Kill la Kill game, dammit!

Harpalyce

Social Justice Cleric
Mar 1, 2012
On one hand, this being handed to a game company that actually knows how to, uh, make a game, instead of awkwardly fumble around a property to make something they hope parents will buy simply because they know kiddies like the title, well, that is certainly an exciting thing. Goodness knows the universe and the very concept of 'bending' might as well have MADE TO MAKE A GREAT VIDEO GAME tattooed on its forehead.

On the other hand, LoK's writing has consistently disappointed me. Okay, disappointed might be a bit of an understatement. It's more like consistently made me want to set myself on fire, then consign it to the bin right next to the ATLA live action movie Of Which We Do Not Speak.

I'll cross my fingers that it'll end up moddable enough for somebody to make it so you play as an Equalist and then get excited. When it's on Steam for 75% off. Maybe.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
Avatar: The Last Airbender first.

I didn't care much for Korra, but Avatar's (Season 2 in particular) characters and atmosphere are so spectacular that I'm at loss for words.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
I had no idea Platinum games was held in such high regard. :eek: Were they responsible for any games other than revengeance?

I'm usually wary of liscensed games, but I gotta admit, I'm catching the hype with this one. I'm kinder to Korra than many avatar fans. Heck, I even feel that the first season of Korra had a few elements that were superior to the orginal, such as world-building (relative to the first season of the first series) and interesting villains. that said, after season 2, I need to rekindle my love again... may be a good way to do it. XD

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
A game set in the Avatar universe developed by Platinum?
Of course with Activision involved it could go either way, I'm cautiously optimistic at the moment.

balladbird said:
I had no idea Platinum games was held in such high regard. :eek: Were they responsible for any games other than revengeance?
A lot of the people who work at Platinum were also a part of the studio that made Okami. The director of Devil May Cry(who also made Bayonetta) is also a part of the company.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Not only is it a Legend of Korra game, but it will feature Probending (A game I've wanted to see since Season One), it will be made by Platinum Games, AND it will be written by the guy who wrote some of the best Avatar episodes. This is like a perfect storm of awesome!

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Please be good...

Wait! The new season starts THIS Friday?! How is this the first I'm hearing of this? Come on Nick. This should have been plastered all over your TV stations, and yet I've seen nothing!