Legend of Korra: Varrick's Legend of Bolin

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Sigh...

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
MiskWisk said:
Sigh...

Seriously. I mean these guys created one of the best animated series ever and when they want to do more the corporate overlords of Nick jerk em around.

bat32391

Oct 19, 2011
So Nick cut their funding for a whole episode and made them make a clip episode instead. Can someone tell me the fuck is wrong with Nick?

Wolyo

Sep 27, 2013
bat32391 said:
So Nick cut their funding for a whole episode and made them make a clip episode instead. Can someone tell me the fuck is wrong with Nick?
They did not forced them to do a clip episode, they slashed the bugdet of almost the cost of 1 episode. So it was either let go a bunch of people earlier than expected or a clip episode. You can read the post by Bryan [http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/103173899927/a-few-preemptive-words-about-episode-408] on his tumblr for a more information.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Oh how i wish Nick would just give the publishing rights to the Avatar franchise to someone else. You know, preferably someone who'd actually give the creators the time and money they not only need, but actually deserve.

This episode actually makes me think of the LoK video games in many ways: Little to no budget, comparatively little time to put anything together, yet the talent and efforts of those making it made sure there was still just enough redeemable features to get over the fact that the product is essentially made from string and twigs.

I fucking hate the way Last Airbender and Legend of Korra have been treated, because they are both really good cartoons. I've actually been rewatching Book 1 lately and it's so painfully obvious in the animation quality that the budget took a nosedive in the later seasons because Book 1 was still reminiscent of Last Airbender, but that's almost gone now. Hopefully they've been saving some of that money for the final fight so they can give us the finale we know they're capable of.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
bigfatcarp93 said:
Money...

Ratings...

Critical Praise...

A devoted fanbase...

Long ago, these four things kept the franchise alive. But then, everything changed when Nickelodeon got brain damage...

Only the Legend of Korra, the sequel series, could keep the legacy alive. But just when we needed it most, Season Two happened...

A year passed, and the fanbase and I discovered the new season, Season Three. And although the resolution was amazing, the pacing in the first few episodes was still somewhat off...

But I believe, that Season Four can save us all...

OT: I actually really liked this one, clip show or not. The villain phone call with the VAs actually returning would have made an entire season of clip shows worthwhile.
While funny, I still don't get everyone's hate for season two. I thought it was really good.

OT: For the first 10 minutes of this episode, while watching, I was basically saying "FUCK THIS EPISODE" because I genuinely hate Mako with a fiery passion and the focus on the worst episodes of the series in his flashbacks are just more shit piled on that. Once again, Varrick is the saving grace of the episode and continues to be the best part of the entire season thus far. Yo, Nickelodeon, can we get an OVA or mini-series of just random pointless Varrick Adventures? Not asking for a while series, just something short and sweet for funsies.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
SilverUchiha said:
bigfatcarp93 said:
Money...

Ratings...

Critical Praise...

A devoted fanbase...

Long ago, these four things kept the franchise alive. But then, everything changed when Nickelodeon got brain damage...

Only the Legend of Korra, the sequel series, could keep the legacy alive. But just when we needed it most, Season Two happened...

A year passed, and the fanbase and I discovered the new season, Season Three. And although the resolution was amazing, the pacing in the first few episodes was still somewhat off...

But I believe, that Season Four can save us all...

OT: I actually really liked this one, clip show or not. The villain phone call with the VAs actually returning would have made an entire season of clip shows worthwhile.
While funny, I still don't get everyone's hate for season two. I thought it was really good.
I don't HATE Season 2, I just believe it's not as good as the others. Unalaq is boring, some characters act more like jerks then they need to, Lin is stupid, and we have to put up with those two FUCKING ANNOYING detectives.

Oh, and Mako and Asami become urban terrorists. WTF!?

bat32391

Oct 19, 2011
Wolyo said:
bat32391 said:
They did not forced them to do a clip episode, they slashed the bugdet of almost the cost of 1 episode. So it was either let go a bunch of people earlier than expected or a clip episode. You can read the post by Bryan [http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/103173899927/a-few-preemptive-words-about-episode-408] on his tumblr for a more information.
So Nick cut their funding for an episode and they had to make a clip episode instead. Isn't that what i said the first time? Or did I phrase something wrong?