Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Pabst

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Link's awakening was my favorite too... I have this nice 3d map of the island... and some day when I've got the level of patience that others have shown, I want to recreate it in minecraft.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
What could Ganondorf possibly be writing up? A legal system? Death Notes? A memoir?

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Stryc9 said:
I would have had less of a problem with the ending of Link's Awakening if instead of waking up clinging to a piece of debris from a shipwreck you actually did wake up from a drunken blackout. Seriously the end of that game pissed me off.
Agreed.

I put so much effort into that game and after I saw the ending... well, I wasn't happy. On the bright side though it had amazing music and you could totally steal from the shop... once, anyway. Just never go back in.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
The fact today's strip is drawn to look like the art style in Wind Waker puts that game in new perspective. How else was boat able to talk to him?
Stryc9 said:
I would have had less of a problem with the ending of Link's Awakening if instead of waking up clinging to a piece of debris from a shipwreck you actually did wake up from a drunken blackout. Seriously the end of that game pissed me off.
Wouldn;t it be funny if it was the same boat, and he was just drunk at the wheel?

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
This might explain Link's behavior about as well as being controlled by a player.
Quite funny, well done, gents.

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
SkarKrow said:
snekadid said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
DVS BSTrD said:
I...*hic* I thwere... every... Everyday... everywhe we go... she'th always *hic* she'th always "heeeeeey lissssen, heeeeeey lissssen"... It'th like...I... I ALWEADY KNOW *****! I alweady know! *hic*
You, sir, have out-joked the joke and therefore win this thread.
I second this motion.

Link's awakening is a great game, I really wish that with all the re-releases they would put that one on digital distribution. What other game lets you walk a Chain chomp so that it could eat your enemies?
It's on the 3DS eShop for something like £5.39 or something stupid like that. Seriously why not just £5?...
Because they want it to adjust to the American dollar as the standard, which is why all other currency prices look odd.

That unfortunate, I refuse to get the 3DS because its alot of money to pay for a big DS with a 3D setting I'd never ever use.... EVER. I'm much more interested in the VITA as far as handhelds go, with its massive PSONE library, now if only the memory cards weren't priced by crazy people, maybe I'd buy one.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
snekadid said:
SkarKrow said:
snekadid said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
DVS BSTrD said:
I...*hic* I thwere... every... Everyday... everywhe we go... she'th always *hic* she'th always "heeeeeey lissssen, heeeeeey lissssen"... It'th like...I... I ALWEADY KNOW *****! I alweady know! *hic*
You, sir, have out-joked the joke and therefore win this thread.
I second this motion.

Link's awakening is a great game, I really wish that with all the re-releases they would put that one on digital distribution. What other game lets you walk a Chain chomp so that it could eat your enemies?
It's on the 3DS eShop for something like £5.39 or something stupid like that. Seriously why not just £5?...
Because they want it to adjust to the American dollar as the standard, which is why all other currency prices look odd.

That unfortunate, I refuse to get the 3DS because its alot of money to pay for a big DS with a 3D setting I'd never ever use.... EVER. I'm much more interested in the VITA as far as handhelds go, with its massive PSONE library, now if only the memory cards weren't priced by crazy people, maybe I'd buy one.
Well it's a lot more powerful than DS too but whatever.

The Vita itself needs it's price cutting down and so do the memory cards.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Link's Awakening was a wonderful game. That and Majora's Mask might be my favourites in the series. Zelda is probably the only franchise where I love every entry, though. Even The Adventure of Link!

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
I loved Link's Awakening. Best Zelda game for story and soundtrack, IMO. Even at the end when you do what needs to be done and you reach the credits and, at last, "The End" sign, about a second or two later you see Marin flying across the screen sounding like a seagull. Remember the dream she told you about when her and Link were at the beach?

She got her wish, after all. And I kuh-wied.

Also, honorable mention goes to WillRock07 for his remix of The Ballad of The Wind Fish:

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
That... wasn't funny. It also wasn't funny enough to deserve multiple panels of build-up. Also, if you're going to make a pun out of the title, you mind as well use the art style from said game and not from a different game. Would it be so much harder to use the Link to the Past aesthetic as opposed to the Wind Waker aesthetic? An entire comic devoted to a lame pun ending... well, they can't all be good.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Twilight_guy said:
Also, if you're going to make a pun out of the title, you mind as well use the art style from said game and not from a different game. Would it be so much harder to use the Link to the Past aesthetic as opposed to the Wind Waker aesthetic?
You're absolutely right. We haven't been taking our silly title puns seriously. We apologize for angering you, great sky reader.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Grey Carter said:
Twilight_guy said:
Also, if you're going to make a pun out of the title, you mind as well use the art style from said game and not from a different game. Would it be so much harder to use the Link to the Past aesthetic as opposed to the Wind Waker aesthetic?
You're absolutely right. We haven't been taking our silly title puns seriously. We apologize for angering you, great sky reader.
I take my Link to the Past very seriously. VERY. SERIOUSLY.

TKretts3

Jul 20, 2010
Xman490 said:
What could Ganondorf possibly be writing up? A legal system? Death Notes? A memoir?
He believes that he has a stronger claim over the Kingdom than the royal family, so naturally Ganondorf is writing up a court request. That's right, Link may have faced some tough challenges before, but he has yet to face the might of the Hyrule judicial system! Can Link beat this new and mysterious foe? He can with your help, in the Legend of Zelda: Gavel of Justice!