Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild PAX South Preview - Link Unleashed

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild PAX South Preview - Link Unleashed

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild breaks a lot of long-standing Zelda tropes.

Read Full Article

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"Never before has Link been awarded as much freedom as he has in Breath of The Wild, as right from the get-go you are simply unleashed upon the world to explore as you see fit."

Never played the first game?
You can do whatever you (don't) want:
Ignore the rusty sword, pick up the second sword instead, kill an enemy for a bomb with it, open up level 9 with the bomb and march straight to Ganon...

You get no directions and there is no particular rhyme or reason to where stuff is at.
It's hidden and you explore; pure bliss! ;)

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
Fischgopf said:
I haven't played it, but didn't Skyward Sword have a Stamina Meter?

Also...no Heart Containers? But you can Upgrade your Health, right?
I think health may also be tied to armor, but I'm not 100 percent certain on that

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
God damnit! It's reviews like this that will push me to getting the Switch way earlier than I had intended...

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Fischgopf said:
I haven't played it, but didn't Skyward Sword have a Stamina Meter?

Also...no Heart Containers? But you can Upgrade your Health, right?
IGN did an analysis of the Super Bowl Commercial, and they pointed out that one of the shots of Zelda shows Link with 7 hearts, and the narrator of the analysis claimed this was Nintendo showing that you could permanently upgrade this. It might be with armor, or maybe some other way to upgrade it, or maybe the line of no more Heart Containers wasn't fully accurate(I couldn't tell you as it's the first I've heard about this), but you should be able to permanently upgrade your health.