Legends of Persia Announces Steam Greenlight Campaign

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Legends of Persia Announces Steam Greenlight Campaign

Legends of Persia is an action-RPG that follows the adventures of Keykhosro, a Persian prince seeking revenge for the murder of his father.

No, not Prince of Persia - Legends of Persia, which has apparently been kicking around since the summer but, like so many things, only came to widespread attention after making a move to Steam Greenlight. It's a Diablo-style action-RPG (aren't they all?) based on the story of Keykhosro, son of the Persian prince Siavosh, who seeks his revenge upon the Tooran king Afrasiab, the man who killed his father.

The Greenlight page promises a single-player campaign of more than eight hours set across eight locations, with six different and customizable hero characters, more than 400 weapons and items, 64 types of magic for each class and over 80 unique enemies. There's a crafting system and boss battles, and the whole thing is "built from the ground up to support modding."

[gallery=1948]

It sounds pretty good, especially for an indie title, and while there's no denying that developer Sourena Games could use an editor, the announcement trailer (which was actually released in August) is really quite impressive. The first gameplay trailer, which is far more recent, looks fairly run-of-the-mill and perhaps a bit sluggish compared to some of the games it seeks to emulate, but it's hard to judge such things based solely on YouTube.

You can, however, find out more about the game on own website [http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200232540]. Legends of Persia is currently expected to be ready for release in early 2014.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Yeah that gameplay trailer makes the game basically look like garbage.

Kind of wondering why this gets a specific news thing when there's loads of games on Steam Greenlight, and hundreds that look simply more polished than this one.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Action RPGs don't interest me that much.

But the title did make me pine for a Prince of Persia sequel.

And more games set in Mesopotamia.

[small]Dangit Ubisoft, why do you hold all the things I love and do nothing with them?>.<[/small]

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Is that a mobile game because that would sort of explain it, sadly even if you are doing a genre that has very few games you need to know that ARPG has some of the most refined examples on offer... you don't just blunder into the market with weekend projects.

misg

Apr 13, 2013
Nothing here impresses me as all, another poorly done Diablo style game that has nothing interesting happening with it. With all the games coming out on greenlight there are better titles to cover.