Leonardo da Vinci Creates New Ways to Stab in Assassin's Creed 2

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Kid_Icarus55 said:
messy said:
uppitycracker said:
hidden gun? please keep guns out of my assassins creed.... oh it's too late, i'm sure... damnit...
well I imagine they'll keep them primitive so largely single shot affairs. Also since its stealthy and old fashioned you'll be limited to short range pistols (I hope) so not overly different from the knives in no.1
I guess it will be kinda like the throwing knives is AC1, wich also were a one hit kill btw...

edit: oh TT got camped...
Well, firstly the Gun is loud and the thinner the line from you to the target gets, the more of a chance it hit. So its a lot different than the knives. Plus, in AC2 it takes two knives to kill :p

Dr Ampersand

Jun 27, 2009
Jandau said:
Tom Goldman said:
...but I'm just saying it's a little weird to see a man known as a brilliant scholar, inventor, and artist creating better ways to stab a dude in the neck.
Am I the only one who noticed that Leonardo isn't the one inventing the murder devices?

People, watch the video again. Ezio finds the designs and brings them to Leonardo. da Vinci only builds the things and is mildly fascinated by the designs.

And to some of you, there were guns at the time, get over it.
I'm going to make a horrifically giant assumption here. Ezio finds some place that has the hidden blade design similar to Altair's and gives it to Leo who didn't think of a hidden blade idea.

Anyway the game looks awesome and I wonder that since the game takes place in different time spaces if Leo will have a beard as well?

darknight910

Apr 15, 2008
Dr Ampersand said:
Jandau said:
Tom Goldman said:
...but I'm just saying it's a little weird to see a man known as a brilliant scholar, inventor, and artist creating better ways to stab a dude in the neck.
Am I the only one who noticed that Leonardo isn't the one inventing the murder devices?

People, watch the video again. Ezio finds the designs and brings them to Leonardo. da Vinci only builds the things and is mildly fascinated by the designs.

And to some of you, there were guns at the time, get over it.
I'm going to make a horrifically giant assumption here. Ezio finds some place that has the hidden blade design similar to Altair's and gives it to Leo who didn't think of a hidden blade idea.

Anyway the game looks awesome and I wonder that since the game takes place in different time spaces if Leo will have a beard as well?
That's exactly what happens Doctor. Heck, Leonardo also takes a stab (haha) at the first hidden blade's design by adding a second spring loaded flat part of the blade near the base so Ezio doesn't have to cut off his ring finger to use it.

As for the whole talk about how weird it is for Leonardo to be so interested in the weapon designs that Ezio brings him, we can usually just put that to artistic expression by Ubisoft's writers. And there's alot we know about him yet don't at the same time. The appearance of da Vinci in this game was just a design choice as there is only one chalk portrait of himself at 67 years old.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Wilhelm Scream of Awesome!!!1

I love it when I can recognize certain stock sound effects that My Media course allowes Me to sample in Games etc.

Annnnywho is this game worth it if you were stupid enough not to play the original or if you KNOW what happened at the end of the first(Spoiled for Me)