Lesser known Animals you find scary and why

Neuromaster

Mar 4, 2009
Parasites in general, ones from exotic locales in particular.

Third world countries have wee beasties that can fuck your shit up in a way that makes my skin crawl waaay more than the run of the mill poisonings or maulings or whatever.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
Vampire Kiwi. (blood-sucking ankle-gougers)

The Siafu. (ants that tunneled straight out of hell)

Japanese hornets. (Jesus tap-dancing Christ...)

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
That one fish (I think it was in the Amazon?) that is attracted to urine and will actually swim into your urinary tract if you wade through the water. supposedly you can feel it wiggle around inside there.

*shudder*

TheMagicIndian

May 11, 2011
I remember seeing this documentary on a parasite whose name I forget. Gist of it was that after it's done using you as a host, it will slide down the arteries in your leg and drill its way out of your flesh, usually by the ankle. Not only does it hurt like hell from the drilling part but just pulling it out is enough to render you almost unconscious from pain. And these bastards can be a few feet long. And you can't just pull it out all at once.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Moontouched-Moogle said:
That one fish (I think it was in the Amazon?) that is attracted to urine and will actually swim into your urinary tract if you wade through the water. supposedly you can feel it wiggle around inside there.

*shudder*
That would be the Candiru, and the animal that I was going to mention.
And while it is not lesser known by any stretch of the imagination, the domesticated cat can be pretty scary. Try and give one a bath and you'll see how dangerous that they can be.

P0RTAL

Jan 17, 2011
I'd have to say squirrels. One of these days they're going to evolve themselves some thumbs and take over the world

Ok seriously though, the blobfish. Look it up. It's eyes...they just stare into your soul...

dOrOrOwait

Mar 16, 2011
LaughingAtlas said:
Vampire Kiwi. (blood-sucking ankle-gougers)

The Siafu. (ants that tunneled straight out of hell)

Japanese hornets. (Jesus tap-dancing Christ...)
Officially one of the most depressing videos ever.
And
Ticks.

Tim_Buoy

Jul 7, 2010
i have a completely irrational fear of spiders due to the fact that most i see aren't harmful to humans.
but if your talking about stuff i never want to see up close and personal well check out these things

Chatato

Dec 19, 2010
Bot Flies so small they blend in and then THEY FRIGGIN LAY THEIR EGGS IN YOUR PORES.
Don't believe me, search it up.
Oh, and the Cassowary I would rather not get my chest torn open thank you.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
I can see good in just about every animal.

Except jellyfish. They seem very... strange and alien.

Not to mention they are almost all incredibly deadly. Some are so small they'll brush against you, sting you, and kill you without you noticing.

Jellyfish are scary.

wfpdk

May 8, 2008
i hate spiders but that's okay beacuse there is a logical reason to fear them, (they are tiny so hard to defend against and poisonous) although i knew a guy that was deathly afraid of rolly-pollies. big guy too, played basketball and football(american). i lol'd for weeks when i found out.