Let's Look at Art

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
I'll never understand how Pewdiepie is the hottest shit since the tail end of that really spicy chili I ate one time.

It's like, do I need to be stoned to enjoy it or something?
I once saw a video where they had a bunch of adults "react to" PewDiePie's videos and one guy literally pulled out a bong and started smoking to see if it would become funny. He still reacted with "What the fuck?"

I once tried getting high as a kite and watching PewDiePie to see if it got funny. All it did was make me angry. It made me angry while more stoned than I had ever been in my life. I had to watch some of my favorite cartoons just to calm myself down. I had never been angry in my life while high before and never have been again.

I'll admit that I have laughed at a well time rape joke once or twice in my life so it's not exactly like I'm hung up on that word, he's just not funny. I'd like to see the YouTube analytics for his channel because I'm pretty sure his target audience is probably a majority 13-15yo boys.

EDIT: Oh look at that, someone found and posted the video I was talking about.

Under_your_bed said:
It's funny because it's true.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
I had to break down and get a mod that blocks him from being seen on my youtube page because no matter what I watch, Youtube kept shoving reccomendations for his bullshit on my screen.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Ah, Pewdiepie... shit.

Playing mediocre games while screaming at the top of his very high pitched voice earns him how many dollars a day, again?

In respects to this comic, I think the humour's dropping. Oh well; it's done it plenty of times, and it usually picks up.

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
Some people to quote one of the seminal philosophers of our time just like: "LOUD NOISES!" and Pewdiepie provides, banal, brainless but to many, by no means uninteresting forms of that.

Personally, I'm not a fan, at least with something as banal as Jackass the actual risk of harm to them makes it compelling and the laughter is more of a train wreck syndrome effect. I much prefer myself to view a literate, well spoken, content maker (NL, the much maligned TB, Jim, Yahtzee and even to some degree Jesse Cox) reduced to screams of hatred and anger, because you know it's mostly genuine and it's always funny to see something so bad reduce them to babbling noises into the mic.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
I'll never understand how Pewdiepie is the hottest shit since the tail end of that really spicy chili I ate one time.
I have no fucking clue, like I grew up related to people like him and even I can't tolerate the mindless whiny voice and pointless screechy noise making.

It remains a mystery to me as anyone I ask cannot adequately explain with valid reasoning why they watch him. Outside the one or two impressive freak out compilations.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
I actually like him. Haven't seen him doing much horror games lately or doing half the people say he does lately. *shrugs* Anyway sorta funny I suppose. Wonder if he will see this. He noticed the fine bros
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-KQW-cSpoc

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
Ah Pewdiepie, the most overrated, overblown stain to pollute the Youtube community. I *tried* watching a video or two but it was very painful to do so. I prefer LPers who have less than 500,000 subs and no form of mob fan mentality upon criticism of their beloved internet star, thank you very much.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:

It's like, do I need to be stoned to enjoy it or something?
What's more baffling is how he's such hot shit when almost everyone who's ever watched him appears to hate him. I seriously don't get it.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
If we are doing pewdiepie, i think people should also watch this fun animation about him, and his fans

http://youtu.be/7Zrn-yCRmls

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I don't know. I watched this one flick of him and some of his friends pretend to be chairs in what appeared to be Garry's mod. I watched like an hour of that shit. It was great, and at that time I wished I was 22 again and had my bro's (and don't foget mah hoes) to waste time with on the modern internets.

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
Yeah PewDiePie does scream a lot.
But I find it funny when cartoon ducks do it, why would I not find it funny when he does it?
The fact it's a human being acting that way and not a cartoon duck makes it all the more absurd, adding to the humour.

Complaints about rape jokes are outdated.
If you want to hold a grudge, fair enough. But don't try and play it off like it's a current problem with his work.

Andrew_C

Mar 1, 2011
Goliath100 said:
That made me laugh, well done. I hate Let's players'...status as gaming videos instead of its own thing, making it impossible to find the analytical stoff I want.
You probably know them already but Errand Signal, Tasteful Understated Nerd Rage and Spoiler Warning are all good video game analysis.

Di-Dorval

Jan 11, 2012
While I agree what Piediewtv does is silly.

Using a boring maymay to display your point is just has bad..

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
Andrew_C said:
You probably know them already but Errand Signal, Tasteful Understated Nerd Rage and Spoiler Warning are all good video game analysis.
Already abonating on the 2 first, but Spoiler Warning looks like a bloody Let's play channel. What I don't get is that Super Bunnyhop is excluded.

Andrew_C

Mar 1, 2011
Goliath100 said:
Andrew_C said:
Already abonating on the 2 first, but Spoiler Warning looks like a bloody Let's play channel. What I don't get is that Super Bunnyhop is excluded.
Well Spoiler Warning they discuss and analyse the game while playing through it, and IMHO they do some good analysis, but if you can't stand let's plays I can understand why you might not like Spoiler Warning. I'm not a fan of them myself, but make an exception for Spoiler Warning.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Actually The Game Theorists did an episode on Youtube about how Pewdiepie became successful, it's quite good and help you understand how Youtube works and how he blew up. I had actually never really known who he was until that video.
I watched that, it was really interesting. Basically lucky due to location over actual innovativeness, although as much as I am not a huge fan of him,I do like how genuine he seems and how he doesn't seem to have let the fame make him become cocky like Toby Turner!

Also, his series are well edited, and you only see the more excitingbits, not extended sections of travelling with him trying desperately to talk about something to'entertain'the audience!