Let's Play Morrowind

Wonderland

Oct 10, 2011
The Elder Scrolls RPGs were all about huge sandboxes. Morrowind was no different. Nearly ten years ago, this game was released, and it?s huge, deep and exotic atmosphere is still unrivalled by even the latest released Elder Scrolls game, Oblivion. To celebrate Skyrim?s upcoming release, and to celebrate nearly 10 years of Morrowind, is my let?s play. Our let?s play. It is time to rediscover Morrowind. Let?s begin!

I will try to update this every once in a while to keep it going, but don't expect daily updates or anything. I am making it a text let's play because I do not have any audio equipment, so don't complain. XD I am using no mods or expansion packs. I am playing the PC version. (If you have any other questions, just ask.

Chapter 1 - The Outlander: (Oct. 20th 2011) After a brief intro, I am told from a dream that I was a prisoner, shipped from the Imperial Palace, to Morrowind for some undisclosed reason. Hmm? I am woken up by a creepy, beaten up guy who is, for some reason, watching me sleep. Pervert. Anyway, he asks me my name (which I say is Galador), and then I am approached by a guard who rudely tells me to follow him. I obey that idiot.

I am treated like scum on everyone on board the boat. I hurry to get out. I can?t stand all the pressure. When out, I am approached by Morgan Freeman?s cousin.

For a moment, I ignore MF?s cousin to intake and catch a opening glimpse of one of the most beautiful alienish worlds I have ever seen.

Welcome to Morrowind. *Cues triumphant music* Anyway, I decide to head near the guard below at the docks, and after greeting me in the kindest voice all day, he asks me to create a look for my character.

I completely ignore the race?s statistics, and go with the Orc because he is badass looking. I ignore the elves. I don?t want to look like a certain Seyda Neen citizen. Cough, cough. Anyway, he leads me into the census office where I am greeted by a kind old man who wants me to give him some information about myself.

I choose to be a barbarian born under the sign of the Warrior. I will choose to be a combat centric character. He lets me go, and I show my release papers to a clone of the guard I saw standing at the docks. I walk out into a hallway, where I loot everything, including a dagger and random pieces of plant. I will sell it all later! Ha! Ha!

The dagger, I assume, will be especially useful. I walk through the door and come across a ring in a barrel outside. I, of course, take it.

The only way through is through the door by the barrel, so I go through that door an walk into a cramped room where I engage in conversation with a warrior like fellow named Sellus Gravius who tells me I have a mission, to deliver a message to Caius Cosades, and to work for him or something. Of course, I am a fail and gaming, so I accidentally talk to his rear end instead. Oops. Whatever. I am an ignorant orc.

I walk to the other door after the tense and awkward conversation and come out towards Seyda Neen, the town I was dropped off at. I am out. I am free. I also spy an old enemy. That old Fargoth a-hole. TO BE CONTINUED.

How did I do for the first time? Please comment.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Doing well so far.
Now go Steal his money...and ring. I do not like Fargoth.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
It made me giggle a bit in the bit where you emerge the boat and remark on the alienish world. The way the screenshots are makes me want to say, "You think a lighthouse and a building is alienish? Swivel 90 degrees and you'll see an enormous insect that has been partially hollowed and is now employed as a bus!"

HTID Raver

Jan 7, 2010
god its been so long since ive played morrowind lol. the graphics look sooooo much worse than i remember them being xD

the spud

May 2, 2011
I tried to get into this game but I just couldn't I will try again later (I have a big back catalogue). One thing I can't stand is how long it takes to get anywhere. Your character moves so slow.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I can't look at those screen shots, I haven't played that game without mods since it was released. All the textures and meshes are so outdated. Fun game, the first time I played it I ran around for over 20 hours just exploring.

Edit* I've always been confused that I was stronger as a dark elf than as a fucking warewolf, I had to install a mod that scaled the warewolf stats based on current level stats. The warewolf always has the same stats in vanilla, it's really BS.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
You did it wrong. You're meant to steal the limeware platter in Ergalla's room then put it back, get caught, take it again and walk out like nothing happened. You should be able to make 2,000 gold in Seyda Neen alone, too :>

Wonderland

Oct 10, 2011
Thanks for all the comments. I will try to improve my humor and make it longer next time. I just had to get into the groove - this is my first let's play.

What should I do to Fargoth in the next episode?

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Wonderland said:
Thanks for all the comments. I will try to improve my humor and make it longer next time. I just had to get into the groove - this is my first let's play.

What should I do to Fargoth in the next episode?
Hey, don't sweat it. If this is your first time around, you're doing well.

I've never played this game, though. And I know next to nothing about the ES universe. So I won't be of much help in telling you what to do.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
I've never played Morrowind myself, so I have no idea why people seem to dislike this Fargoth guy. I say you should leave Fargoth alone until he gives you a REASON to do something painful to him.

Who knows - by that time, you might have learned an amusing magic spell or something...

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
busterkeatonrules said:
I've never played Morrowind myself, so I have no idea why people seem to dislike this Fargoth guy. I say you should leave Fargoth alone until he gives you a REASON to do something painful to him.

Who knows - by that time, you might have learned an amusing magic spell or something...
You haven't seen, you don't understand... Fargoth is instantly so annoying and arrogant I actually take offense to it. You'd punch him, believe me.

Hey OP- nice work, keep it up! Please murder Fargoth, no matter the fine. I used to do it every play through. Although I did give him his shitty ring so I could get a deal from the shopkeeper in Seyda Neen. Of course, we ALL know what I did after that and before his untimely demise...

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
Wonderland, I have a few recommendations for you next Let's Play. First, avoid repetition. You used the word 'through' three times close together. Second, try to 'prune' your writing. Scan it over for words or phrases that are unnecessary and can be safely removed. The final thing is run on sentences. Break things up, throw a period in there. "The only way through is through the door by the barrel, so I go through that door an walk into a cramped room where I engage in conversation" can become "The only way through is the door by the barrel, so I enter into a cramped room. [Explain the NPC] so I engage in conversation."

I hope you'll accept this as polite, constructive criticism. And I hope these aren't bad suggestions. You're quite a good writer and I hope you follow through with this Let's Play!

EdwardOrchard

Jan 12, 2011
Wooooow, I remember Morrowind's mind blowing graphics back when it was first released... The game has not aged well.

Wonderland

Oct 10, 2011
Rooster Cogburn said:
busterkeatonrules said:

You haven't seen, you don't understand... Fargoth is instantly so annoying and arrogant I actually take offense to it. You'd punch him, believe me.

Hey OP- nice work, keep it up! Please murder Fargoth, no matter the fine. I used to do it every play through. Although I did give him his shitty ring so I could get a deal from the shopkeeper in Seyda Neen. Of course, we ALL know what I did after that and before his untimely demise...
Rooster Cogburn said:
Wonderland, I have a few recommendations for you next Let's Play. First, avoid repetition. You used the word 'through' three times close together. Second, try to 'prune' your writing. Scan it over for words or phrases that are unnecessary and can be safely removed. The final thing is run on sentences. Break things up, throw a period in there. "The only way through is through the door by the barrel, so I go through that door an walk into a cramped room where I engage in conversation" can become "The only way through is the door by the barrel, so I enter into a cramped room. [Explain the NPC] so I engage in conversation."

I hope you'll accept this as polite, constructive criticism. And I hope these aren't bad suggestions. You're quite a good writer and I hope you follow through with this Let's Play!
Thanks for the critisim. I never did notice the repitition. Thanks!

Yesterday, I was trying stuff out, and the guards LET me kill Fargoth. LOL.

Emptyass

Mar 20, 2011
So I picked up Morrowind again a week ago. Only problem I have is that I'm a sly, sneaky thief. After doing alot of work in thieves guild, I decided to get me some glass. Went to al'ruhn fighters guild, and stole the one over there. That lockpicking was way to easy I thought. I needed a bigger challenge. So I headed over to vivec and robbed all the vaults, sold the stuff to mudcrab and trained alot of skills to 100. Then I went about getting all the artifacts (bearclaw helm, that shield, the gauntlets, kings armor etc.) So does this take the fun out of the game? I say maybe. For me it doesn't.

I enjoy the stories the quests and characters tell. I do not enjoy walking around. And the fighting isn't that hard even if your a mage.

Just felt like sharing my morrowind experience so far :)

Ps: Fargoth is a *****. I gave his ring back to him, got the Fargoth's hidingplace quest and stole it right back :)

pps: Just finished the Bloodmoon mainquest. It was rad. Does the warewolves scale? I found them quite hard hitting. I did have the difficulty at 100, but still. They broke my shield in no time and 2 hitted me if I wasn't carefull.

Wall of text :D And if you haven't played morrowind yet. Do it! It's right up there with half life in my book.