Let's players on youtube. I need some good ones. Preferably of RPGs. Male or female, I don't care.

rvbnut

Jan 3, 2011
So yeah. Basically the subject line. I'm looking for some Let's Players. I'm thinking of doing my own Let' Plays. I thought that it would be a good idea to look around and learn. I've recently been watching some LPs from Rurikhan, Pallytime and EpicNameBro.

Can anyone suggest any others?

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Well there's HCBailly. His entire channel is dedicated to RPG's. Mainly JRPG's if that's what you're after. He does test playthroughs before hand and provides extensive info on all the games he plays.

If you can get past his idiosynchrasies, he's fun to watch IMO.

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
Nakateleeli has done a few. Well 3 that I can remember. He's done persona 4. He's currently working on Persona 3 and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. He's probably my favorite LP'er on Youtube. Funny, a little insightful, and he sometimes has his friend ElementalOgre helping him out on Co-op games.

He almost never plays things blind though if that's what you're looking for.

Joffas16

Jun 6, 2013
Kikoskia is pretty good. He mostly plays old PC games I've never heard of and is pretty entertaining to watch. He does a lot of RPG's too.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
veriax is great. Pleasant guy with a good commentary-voice. Currently, the only RPG he is doing is Dragon Age: Origins, but he has plans on doing more in the future and has done some in the past. If you enjoy Bethesda RPGs, then Gopher is a must. He plays in a role-play style. Creates characters with backstories and then plays specifically as those characters and crafts stories out of them. Extremely good commentary with a very good voice as well.

I recommend both of them heavily.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
If you like JRPGs and especially the Tales series then you could try Palkiafan08. He's currently playing through Tales of Destiny.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
I know Big Klingy does Fire Emblem and Pokemon, he's pretty good but does more of a narrated walk through rather than the commentary/MST3K of other lets plays.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
An Orbital Grouse and The Freelance Astronauts always get a recommendation from me. Also, some of the best LPs aren't even videos. It's true! Visit the LPArchive(.org) and read Mr. Swoon's Monster Rancher series, Chewbot's Animal Crossing, and all the Pokemon ones. Especially Quartz.

EDIT: Completely forgot GPLP, where Graham and Paul from LRR do LP videos for games. I am completely shamed by this glaring omission, and hope the delay in rectifying it isn't too egregious.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
AdvancedLogic has done lets plays varying from the Tales games, Mario, and many more. He is also quite amusing to listen too which is good.

nariette

Jun 9, 2013
Personally I really like mangaminx, she has this really down to earth feeling, and makes great jokes. She mostly plays horror and rpg, and gets scared a lot, but I think she handled Amnesia: the dark descent a lot better than others. Of course, this topic is mostly about opinions, and I'm sure not everyone will appreciate her and her sense of humor. If you want to make let's plays yourself I think you need to look at a lot of different ones, and not just at a lot of videos from one person, but a lot of gamers in general.

nogitsune

Aug 15, 2013
I also Recommend Kikoskia and HC Baily, they're both great LPers that have a lot of RPGs. while a strategy game, Kikoskia's X-com LPs are must watch and very entertaining.

I'll add GrimithR, He has some RPGs but seems to prefer 4x games. He has a decent style and has a unique sense of humor but doesn't get as irritating as some LPers. I find him really fun to watch and has some great series.

Aulddragon is great for old PC RPGs, he has an LP of most the old Dungeons and Dragons Gold Box games, some interesting classic RPGs.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Well, there's always the Super Beard Brothers. It's more or less a Let's Play channel for the Completionist. They play games, tell interesting facts about the games and make jokes. Bonus in that he generally plans to review those games eventually, so it's sort of a sneak peak at future episodes.

I kinda need to get back to watching that. I know he's got to be much farther into Wild Arms, now.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Jesse Cox , guy is funny as hell and is genuinely interested in the games he LPs which is a nice change. His youtube channel is OMFGcata [http://www.youtube.com/user/OMFGcata?feature=g-subs-u]

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
Call this shameless self-advertising, but I've been doing Let's Plays since January, specifically of the Geneforge series (An indie RPG series from several years ago). I try to do almost everything in the games, read everything, and indulge in the actor bug in me to provide entertainment (As well as jokes now and then, of course). I also keep a regular update schedule, posting an episode once a day.

I may be starting and I hope I don't get into trouble for this post but hey, it's on-topic and I need to get my name out there somehow. Come check it out here. [http://www.youtube.com/user/Chessrook44] And don't worry, I get better.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Nerd cubed. He is really funny, he tends to focus on the silly things in games and tries to make the trivial stuff fun (such as farming sim). Hes even recently played GTA 5 blind folded

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
SuperJeenius is a really cool guy. He did a max Social Link playthrough of Persona 3 FES and is currently doing the same for Persona 4 Golden.

He also has done Final Fantasy VI and IV, Golden Sun and its sequel, and Paper Mario.

It's not an RPG, but his co-op LP of Donkey Kong Country Returns with Josh Jepson is amazing.

Saltyk said:
Well, there's always the Super Beard Brothers.
Zipa said:
Jesse Cox , guy is funny as hell and is genuinely interested in the games he LPs which is a nice change. His youtube channel is OMFGcata [http://www.youtube.com/user/OMFGcata?feature=g-subs-u]
I also agree with these two.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
rvbnut said:
So yeah. Basically the subject line. I'm looking for some Let's Players. I'm thinking of doing my own Let' Plays. I thought that it would be a good idea to look around and learn. I've recently been watching some LPs from Rurikhan, Pallytime and EpicNameBro.

Can anyone suggest any others?
ObeyMyRod has 11 parts of a vampire the masquerade bloodlines playthrough done.

Who is obeymyrod? It's littlekuriboh voice acting as marik ishtar playing this game and it is seriously some of the most fun you'll have with a let's play until they invent a person whose voice perfectly imitates laughing gas. In the very first part he combines a sonic reference with a castlevania reference without missing a beat and it is glorious. Also, bakura sometimes comments, too. It's pure brilliance.

Although, if you're looking for humor, all other let's plays will suddenly seem a bit inadequate. Aside from this other channel. Two Saiyans Play, in which two team four star guys pretend to be vegeta and nappa playing video games.

I also watch thesw1tcher, noah antwiler, angryjoe, peanutbutter gamer, game grumps, jontron, and many more.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
I can recommend:
Kikoskia who does a lot of RPGs especially
Zeta Plays who does them every now and then.

In general:
two best friends
ihasCupquake
There's the entire Yogscast crew
therpgminx
seananners
Jim Sterling has a lets play channel as does yahtzee.
rooster teeth has a dedicated "lets play" channel.
Also there's ijustinegaming