Let's relive our most cringe worthy moments from our youths.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
I was recently on another forum that mostly caters to a somewhat older crowd and there was a discussion about what assholes/weird we all were back in high school and how when we looked back on it, all we could do was cringe at how embarrassing we were.

As for me, the first thing that springs to mind was when I was a freshman in high school, and the day I met the woman who would later become my sister-in-law. I was going through a really obnoxious phase where I thought I was the pinnacle of philosophical thought and intelligence. I made a complete ass of myself and when I realized it later, I thought to myself "thank god I'll never see her again". The next year my brother tells me he wants to meet the girl he is taking to the prom, and I apparently I turned bright red and prayed she had forgotten. She is such a nice girl in that she pretended that was the first time we met and I didn't have to go though the shame of my brother knowing what an ass I made of myself until I told him a few years later.

I still cringe every time I thing of that night.

So give me a little taste of cringe, and tell me your stories.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Spambot 3000 said:
I whipped my dick out for some girls when I was 6.
Isn't it sad that shenanigans like this turn into "felonies" once we turn 18? Pfft, double standards.

Joking aside, I can't really remember any particular incident. I do remember that any time I accidentally addressed a female teacher as "mom" filled me with an unreasonable amount of shame.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
My father always had a 'video games are bad, but at least my kid isn't having sex or burning the house down' mentality...

Thus he was REALLY strict about my game time.
30 minutes 4 times a day.
Doesn't matter about 'saves' or whatever.
30 minutes, he'll unplug the thing mid jump, or whatever.

That is...if he wasn't so busy or tired that he'd forgot...unless he saw me.
Thus, as a child in the single digits, I learned to 'prep' before I started playing a game.

Had a pot to piss in, literally, and sneaked in food/drink to my room.

I've probably screwed up my kidneys thanks to that moronic behavior.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I once walked into a stop light in front of my friends, mid-sentence.

Except I had to go to hospital. When I went back into school about a week later with a bandage around my head (my mother insisted that I wear it, because the gash could get infected), it almost happened to me again. Some people were sympathetic, others were... not so sympathetic.

You know what they say about comedy, right? A woman falls down a manhole; tragedy. A woman gets hit by a car, walks off without a scrape, and then falls down a manhole; comedy. Well, in my case, it was pure and utter tragedy.

It also convinced me that I had dyspraxia. I don't, I'm just a stupid prick. What made it so cringe worthy is that I'd tried to pretend nothing was wrong. What made it cringe worthy on a personal level is that I had no idea what actually caused the injury - it was either walking into the electrical, metal object, or the fall. Or maybe some cat came over and clawed at my half-conscious face. I have no idea.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
I once called my maths teacher, "mom".

She wasn't even old, round' about 25, and very good looking. Only teacher that managed to get me to pay enough attention in math to get a good grade.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Back when I was about 16 ot 17 I had to pick up my sisters at the high school where they were having play practice. They usually had it in the choir room so I would just walk in and get them. What I didn't know is that my sisters were in a different room because the high school choir was performing that night and were preparing for the concert. Long story short, all the girls were inside getting dressed while all the boys were out in the hall already dressed. Of course I didn't know that so I walked into the choir room filled with girls I go to school with in their underwear.