Let's Reminisce - Timesplitters

IsoNeko

Oct 6, 2008
I loved the challenges. Destroy 32 glass panes with grenades to practice grenades lobbing.

Next challenge: Destroy 32 glass panes with Bricks, because some idiot blew himself up. At least with Grenades you had Splash Damage, now you gotta individually destroy 32 glass panes.

Also: Gretel Mk II <3

Skarvey

Sep 3, 2008
Best shooter series ever. Every game had a clear and distinct ending, still prolonging the series but without the cliff hanger that kills so many games these days. The series hasn't overstayed its welcome. The jokes were funny, the minigames were fun, the dialogue was inspired, the multiplayer was legendary, and the protagonist was possibly the most likeable space marine I've ever had the good fortune to play as. It will always be one of my most cherished gaming experiences.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Timesplitters 2 was the best one, TS3 did something wrong, not sure what it was.

Everything from the characters to the locations, I thought TS2 was near perfect.

Where the hell are level editors nowadays anyway?

Horticulture

Feb 27, 2009
Multiplayer infection mode in TS2 was amazing. I enjoyed the fact that Free Radical were willing to indulge silliness and make a game for the sake of fun, especially in the sea of World War II shooters that were out at the time. No disrespect to Wolfenstein.

chumpzilla_69

Jul 19, 2008
Harry Tipper....... God

TF2 was my first game a la PS2, I adored it.......
Loved the ability to make crazy ass maps, then add crazy ass characters and weaponry, then just go nuts

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
TS2 was awesome. Nothing is more fun than having a 4 player deathmatch with bricks, trying to hit each other in the head with them.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I was a huge fan of Time Splitters, and future perfect had so many temporal paradox jokes that I nearly exploded

TheSeventhLoneWolf

Mar 1, 2009
Timesplitters, Amazing game, had pretty much no story until the 3rd one, great fun, mapmaker, large array of weapons, great graphics for the generation.
9.3/10 for Ts2. Now, i wonder why it's so high. (It's a great game.)

Strong Intelligent

Feb 25, 2009
Let me quickly say that the third game was my favourite game of all time and I'm willing to FUCKING ASSASINATE THE CEO OF CRYTEK IF THEY DO TF4 WRONG.

"I only wanted to be loooooved..." -R-One-o-Ten.

RAKais

Jan 14, 2009
Strong Intelligent said:
Let me quickly say that the third game was my favourite game of all time and I'm willing to FUCKING ASSASINATE THE CEO OF CRYTEK IF THEY DO TF4 WRONG.

"I only wanted to be loooooved..." -R-One-o-Ten.
Not the Robot! *sulking commander*
:p

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
I loved Timesplitters. TS2 was amazing, and TS3, although it had aa bit weaker multiplayer, made it up with a single-player campaign that actually had a plot (and a funny one at that), and an even better mapmaker.

Another thing I loved about it was the customizability of the multiplayer. If you wanted, you could have a free-for-all deathmatch with all melee weapons, 3-team capture the flag with rocket launchers, gladiator (one strong guy vs a bunch of weaklings, killer becomes the next strong guy) with flamethrowers, or anything in between. The map maker multiplied the possibilities exponentially, with crazy mazes with flickering lights, giant boxes with snipers littered everywhere or (gasp!) actually well thought-out layouts. The only game that's since come close to TS's customizability is Halo 3, but then Halo doesn't have throwable bricks as a weapon.

Aunel

May 9, 2008
future perfect is fun, friends of mine still refer to it as: the game with the robot monkeys with laxors