Let's Talk About ZP:

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
Lil devils x said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Silentpony said:
I actually always found the Room to be one of the most interesting and noteworthy Silent Hills around. certainly more memorable and atmospheric than SH2, which I maintain is severely overrated. SH4 is on par with Silent Hill 3 and Downpour, and better than homecoming in the themes and setting, but not in the horror.

Conan games are insanely silly and even more 80s than Warhammer 40k, a setting with chainsaw swords and werewolf space vikings with magic ice swords fighting sex obsessed daemonic thrash metal marines literally wielding space guitars.
Really? I don't see anything 80s about Age of Conan though...

This is sarcasm right? If you don't see anything 80's you don't know much about the 80's. LOL

Looks just like an 80's cartoon or comic. 80's was all about muscles, and the way the guy sits on the throne.
Big Muscles are not something unique to the 1980s dude.
Of course the muscles can exist outside of the 80's, however, it is one of the things the 80's was most memorable for. Along with the "fitness trend" in the 80's was the super muscle guys and it even was acceptable for the female characters to have muscles in the 80's. The 80's were all about Muscles EVERYWHERE! Even when you looked at many of the female characters and how they changed over time, in the 80's they were even given muscles. Muscles, hair and headbands..

THIS is what many people think of when they think of the 80's.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Ender910 said:
I often say it, but I felt like the game would've been much much cooler if it had a setup similar to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World.
Out of interest, do you mean The Lost World written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, or the somewhat obscure Australian TV series called Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World, which was only loosely related to it?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Ender910 said:
Canadamus Prime said:
So what exactly does Conan have the ARK doesn't? Does ARK have dong physics? 'Cause if it doesn't then it's not missing anything of value there.
[li]Humanoid npc's, which opens up a lot more possibilities, especially for PVE-play.[/li]
[li]A world with an actual setting, history, and an attention to detail that actually makes exploring genuinely fun, interesting, and sometimes terrifying[/li]
[li]The Purge/invasion system. Something that I think Terraria and 7 Days to Die first put out there as a concept, where your base can get assaulted by an enemy army. The system's still in the early stages, but the fact that they're actually doing it and have a good design for it (based on what I've seen in the code) makes me optimistic[/li]
[li]They actually followed through on an early-access plan like professional developers. Taking merely 1 year to go from early access, to official release, and with a hopeful promise of continued free updates for at least a while longer.[/li]
According to Avnger Ark does have the first 3 of those and as for the last one well as he pointed out these days "early access" and "official release" are utterly arbitrary designations that ultimately don't mean anything when continued updates and patches happen both before and after "official release."

Ender910_v1legacy

Oct 22, 2009
Thaluikhain said:
Out of interest, do you mean The Lost World written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, or the somewhat obscure Australian TV series called Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World, which was only loosely related to it?
Mainly the show, though I did read the book years later. The show combined a lot of my favorite kinds of themes growing up. Ancient/lost civilizations, mythology, dinosaurs, and a little bit of that "trapped in a tropical environment" sort of theme (like in Swiss Family Robinson). The characters weren't half-bad either. The overarching plot, of trying to find a way off out of the plateau seemed like a pretty cool end-game sort of goal that could've worked really well in ARK.

Canadamus Prime said:
According to Avnger Ark does have the first 3 of those and as for the last one well as he pointed out these days "early access" and "official release" are utterly arbitrary designations that ultimately don't mean anything when continued updates and patches happen both before and after "official release."
Actually if you read his post carefully, he did not say that humanoid NPC's were in ARK. I also ran a few searches and checked the wiki to confirm, and it does appear that there still aren't any human npc's in the game, aside from a rather meagerly cobbled together mod.

I also already addressed his other points, so you may want to catch yourself up a little.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Ender910 said:
Thaluikhain said:
Mainly the show, though I did read the book years later. The show combined a lot of my favorite kinds of themes growing up. Ancient/lost civilizations, mythology, dinosaurs, and a little bit of that "trapped in a tropical environment" sort of theme (like in Swiss Family Robinson). The characters weren't half-bad either. The overarching plot, of trying to find a way off out of the plateau seemed like a pretty cool end-game sort of goal that could've worked really well in ARK.

Canadamus Prime said:
Actually if you read his post carefully, he did not say that humanoid NPC's were in ARK. I also ran a few searches and checked the wiki to confirm, and it does appear that there still aren't any human npc's in the game, aside from a rather meagerly cobbled together mod.

I also already addressed his other points, so you may want to catch yourself up a little.
That whole genre doesn't really appeal to me so I don't really care. My initial comment was that Conan Exiles seemed to be jumping on a bandwagon.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Ender910 said:
Thaluikhain said:
Must admit I sorta liked that show, though for concepts rather than execution. Somewhat surprised that anyone else does, or even remembers it. I agree that there's a lot there that a game could borrow.

Vanilla ISIS

Dec 14, 2015
Silent Hill 4 has a decent story but the gameplay is a deal breaker for me.
The franchise never had good controls (except Homecoming maybe) but SH4 is the biggest offender in that category.
Played it for a few hours, then turned it off and read what happens in the game.