Let's Talk Wrestlemania! (Has WWE booked Lesnar too strong?)

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Reigns should've been booked as near Lesnar like after he returned from injury. Losing so much since then makes him look too "normal", and the only Wrestlemania outcome that makes sense now is Lesnar beating Reigns but taking enough of a beating for Rollins to cash in for the win. It takes the belt off Lesnar, keeps it off Reigns for all his haters, and is back on the hands of someone more reasonably defeatable than the Beast Incarnate.

As for Taker vs. Wyatt...man, as much as it sucks to say, Wyatt needs the push. I think Taker needs to lose, as a nail in the coffin so he realizes he's too old to go on. Then next year, he and Sting have a retirement match.

lord canti

May 30, 2009
Hazy992 said:
lord canti said:
One thing I am hoping for is that Sandow finally turns on the miz. The've been teasing that feud for so long that it almsot puts gold and stardust boiling feud to shame.
It seems pretty likely that Sandow will turn on The Miz at the Battle Royal and eliminate him. Hell he might even end up winning the thing.

I'm worried about what happens to Sandow next though. People want him to turn on The Miz, but Mizdow was what got him so over in the first place. Where do they go with him from here?
I don't know honestly, but as far as I'm concerned he's to good of a wrestler to be thrown under the rug. Granted this is the WWE and if you're not a big guy then you most likely wont get pushed. Whcih is a damn shmae since thte mid card is currently full of amazing talent that hardly get to shine.

Mar 26, 2008
TakerFoxx said:
Hazy992 said:
lord canti said:
One thing I am hoping for is that Sandow finally turns on the miz. The've been teasing that feud for so long that it almsot puts gold and stardust boiling feud to shame.
It seems pretty likely that Sandow will turn on The Miz at the Battle Royal and eliminate him. Hell he might even end up winning the thing.

I'm worried about what happens to Sandow next though. People want him to turn on The Miz, but Mizdow was what got him so over in the first place. Where do they go with him from here?
He could go back to his intellectual savior gimmick. He was crazy over back then as well that it's kind of baffling that he was booked as such a loser.
I think that would be a good path. Put some silverware around him and they could get him white-hot heel heat if he came out in the bathrobe, with a title, and tells the crowd that he played them all along by looking like an idiot because he's that damn smarter than anyone.

In answer to the OP, yes, Lesnar is currently booked too strong. Given that he's "no-selled" multiple finishers I don't think it's credible that someone who is still pretty green like Reigns can beat him clean. There has to be some kind of swerve; either Heyman turns on Brock (unlikely) or there is some kind of interference, Reigns can't go over clean. He'd get booed out of the building.

There's even a couple more dilemmas with the booking:
Bray Wyatt vs The Undertaker. Do you bring the Undertaker back for one match just to have him lose two Manias in a row? Also, a loss to Bray might halt his gathering momentum. Then again it may just open up another avenue for his already brilliant character to develop.

A.J Lee & Paige vs The Bella Twins. Rumour has it that A.J is looking to hang up the stripey socks, so this will possibly be her last Mania. The WWE love screwing over people who are eyeing the door, so do they give the gold to A.J and Paige or go with the result no one wants to see and that is the Bellas retain?

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
lord canti said:
Hazy992 said:
lord canti said:

I don't know honestly, but as far as I'm concerned he's to good of a wrestler to be thrown under the rug. Granted this is the WWE and if you're not a big guy then you most likely wont get pushed. Whcih is a damn shmae since thte mid card is currently full of amazing talent that hardly get to shine.
Yeah that's a real shame cause I personally wouldn't mind seeing him with an IC or US Title run. Of course that's based on WWE handling this right and the Mania matches elevate both those belts.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
I haven't actively followed the WWE for many years. And back then people said the same thing about Brock Lesnar that is being said now. So yes, I believe that he is.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
Personally I like Brock being booked as a beast because it makes sense seeing as he is a legitimate UFC heavyweight champion so he should be allowed to break the WWE's rules about the Undettaker being impossible to beat at Wrestlemania despite him being almost 50 and the rule that John Cena will overcome any odds set before him. Roman Reigns simply was not the right guy to go against Brock since he is also a powerhouse but is no where at the level Brock is, hell Reigns is still in normal matches against guys like Big Show and Kane and actually taking a bit of a beating before winning, he should be completely dominating if it should be believable that he can beat Brock. They really should have gotten someone who had a different style than Lesnar like Daniel Bryan since we know Brock can't be beaten with pure strength but it is completely believable that someone with as much technical prowess as Bryan could find a way to get around Brock and get him off his feet.

As for the rest of Mania

IC Title Ladder Match- I'm looking foreward to this match because I love ladder matches and the people they got in this one with the exception of R-Truth are some of the better rising stars in the company, the story leading up to it however has been terrible, Barrett looks like an absolute joke since he is 0-7 right now and the constant stealing of the IC title is really cheapening it

Cena vs Russev for the US Title- Man I wish Russev could get past being in USA vs Russia angles, Russev is probably one of the best big men they have in the company and looks strong but with all of these USA vs Russia angles I tend to actually side with him more often seeing as he has a right to voice his opinion no matter how much people disagree with it and Lana actually brings up legitamete criticisms from time to time. Then Cena is supposed to be the babyface but he's going around torturing Russev into allowing him to have a match.

Orton vs Rollins- Should be an awesome match the only problem I have is that it seems like Orton already got revenge on Rollins when he bear the ever loving shit out of him for about fifteen minutes, where's the pay off now? Orton got what he wanted so it kind of cheapens their whole match at Mania.

The Bellas vs AJ Lee and Paige- Awesome a Smackdown piss break match is going to be on the Mania card, now mind you I want to see the divas be able to do more especially when the women down in NXT are putting on matches better than a lot of their male colleagues. I just want to know why this isn't a match for the Diva's title, I mean really make it a fatal four way with Brie, Nikki, AJ, and Paige and let them just go at it rather than putting them in a pointless tag match.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal- Why are Miz and Mizdow in this rather than having a proper match? They've been building their storyline for months and it doesn't even get a good blow off. Secondly why is Goldust in this match and Stardust in the ladder match, they had the perfect build for a Mania match, Goldust tried not to hurt Startdust in order to save Cody at Fastlane but failed. Did Goldust just give up saving Cody, why wouldn't he have match where he goes all out in order to try and save his brother. It just makes me mad that Goldust won't get to have the match he's always wanted with his brother and he won't have a Wrestlemania moment.

el_emmens

Mar 23, 2009
As the jaded cynic I am over wwe I have a hard time being sold on Mania 31.

Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns has so many ways of going wrong, supposedly negotiations for Lesnars contract are going badly, Reigns really kind of isn't ready. it can kind of go either way, but the whole time the raging cynic in me is thinking they'll have Reigns win somehow despite it being I think his 4th time in a singles match at a pay per view.

You can't convince me one way or another that Sting Won't win against HHH. they're writing it like Sting's already in the guys head. Whether or not the match is good will depend on how well Sting has been training himself since joining wwe. Also to go on a tangent, why does HHH act like Sting is so completely rogue-ish. even in the storyline HHH is the CEO and it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that if anyone shows up in a wwe ring their under contract(unless this is just one of those unspoken, everyone is an employee of wwe unless they aren't rule or something)) Sting shows up in wwe rings, shows up with entrance music, foregone conclusion is HHH could just pulls some strings and yank Sting into his office and just pulled the COO lever and Sting is gone.

The Intercontinental Ladder match is the only match in the show I have zero idea how it will go. I'm sure it'll be either super awesome, or super disappointing, because this is the only thing wwe can do lately.

I share a lot of the same concerns everyone in the thread has about Bray vs Taker, Bray can really use the push, but on the other hand the likelihood that this is The Undertakers last match is nearly an unspoken guarantee at this point given how up there the man is getting agewise, and it's gonna be one of those moments where, to reference Bob Chipman, things will become very real for everyone involved.

couldn't care less for the diva's match, They'll probably screw up the Andre Memorial in some way or another down the line with however they push the winner. There's still a bit of bitterness in knowing theygave the win to Cesaro but then immediatly started shoveling him into the groun by pinning him with Paul Heyman who for some reason would not shut up about Brock even when standing in the ring with the guy who he was supposed to be managing.

The Rusev and Cena match is gonna be standard procedures for Cena matches, the Fastlane match pretty much telegraphed this by having Rusev, who has never ever in his entire tenure as a member of the wwe main roster, used a dirty move via punching Cena in the groin to soften him up for an accolade. It's gonna be the most frustrating way to end an undefeated streak in wwe and it's gonna happen at mania.

of course the results are painfully obvious it's gonna be the journey getting there anyhow.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
I hate to be just the downer guy with the tidgy tiny post, but I don't think there is a single person being booked right in the WWE right now. I have never been this bored thinking of Wrestlemania. And thats sad.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Hazy992 said:
lord canti said:
Personally,and I know this would never happen because they are both heels, but I would have loved to have seen Rusev go up against brock at wrestlemania. I mean it would be two unstoppable beats go at it and I think it would have been a great match.
The whole babyface/heel dynamic is so limiting. I don't see why we can't get more babyface vs babyface or heel vs heel championship matches.
because the pyschology of how a match is booked pretty much makes Heel v Heel very difficult. The first chunk of the match is the "Face" is suppose to kick ass until the "Heel" cuts them off and beats them down.

Darren716 said:
Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal- Why are Miz and Mizdow in this rather than having a proper match? They've been building their storyline for months and it doesn't even get a good blow off. Secondly why is Goldust in this match and Stardust in the ladder match, they had the perfect build for a Mania match, Goldust tried not to hurt Startdust in order to save Cody at Fastlane but failed. Did Goldust just give up saving Cody, why wouldn't he have match where he goes all out in order to try and save his brother. It just makes me mad that Goldust won't get to have the match he's always wanted with his brother and he won't have a Wrestlemania moment.
They killed off the Goldust/Stardust feud because their match at Fastlane sucked. Which is a shame.