Letter from the Editor – One Year In

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Just finished my first year as EIC on Wednesday so decided to write-up a quick Editor's Letter to indicate how we're doing and what's coming up!

Reactions: Chimpzy and JoJo

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Only been a year? Feels longer than that for some reason. Anyway, speaking as a veteran who's seen the dark days (like, all of them), I like what you've done with the place. Probably in better shape than it's been for a long while. So eh, keep up the good work.

TheShipsCat

Escapist +
May 5, 2020
Country
USA
I’m liking the Site and the new content but can you merge the comments and forums some how? I’m too stupid to have 2 accounts to deal with.

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
I’m liking the Site and the new content but can you merge the comments and forums some how? I’m too stupid to have 2 accounts to deal with.
It's a feature that's being worked on and tested around our network. Not ready to bring here yet though.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Only been a year? Feels longer than that for some reason. Anyway, speaking as a veteran who's seen the dark days (like, all of them), I like what you've done with the place. Probably in better shape than it's been for a long while. So eh, keep up the good work.
"Probably" lol. The site is definitely and unquestionably in better shape than it's been in a long time and even that isn't saying much. It's like comparing a dilapidated shack teetering on the edge of collapse to a clean, moderately sized and moderately decorated dwelling. Even if the latter isn't spectacular it's still in far better shape just by virtue of not threatening to fall over.

Anyway, good job Nick. As I've said before, the site has come a long way since you've taken over. There's still a long way to go before it reaches its former glory, but it's off to a good start.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
This place is much more alive than the old forum was at the end. Well done for that.

Now I just wish that the mobile version worked a little better. Would it kill you guys to put the page counter at the top and the bottom instead of just the bottom so you don't have to scroll through the whole first page of a topic to be able to click to the page you want?