Levels of drunkenness

badpun

Apr 4, 2010
I'm a fair lightweight drunk and usually when i have more than a social drink i.e: a party I aim for around the yellow to orange side of things, i have been in the red side of things quite a few times and in the black only a very few times (the times where i don't remember much/have a hangover) But i've gotten drunk and vomited before yet still been in the yellow/orange stage it just depends on your tolerance.

wildonion

Mar 20, 2009
I have two general rules: you're not really falling down drunk unless you actually fall down. And you're not too drunk to drive just cuz you see two sets of lines... you're too drunk to drive when you don't know which one is the real one...

wildonion

Mar 20, 2009
I have two general rules: you're not really falling down drunk unless you actually fall down. And you're not too drunk to drive just cuz you see two sets of lines... you're too drunk to drive when you don't know which one is the real one...

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
I usually get drunk on about 3/5 or 4/5 on a scale of 5, I'd say. Especially this year. It's a lot of fun (depending on what I do that night, I've locked people in a bathrooms by stealing the doorhandle once. That was a good night).

Horizontalvertigo

Apr 2, 2008
See I agree with the green and yellow lines, they sound spot on, but I have to say you should have an orange line too, that of "I'm having an f-ing awesome time now, and I'm really going to push my luck and oh no, onto red line territory" kinda deal, cause half the stuff in the red line sounds pretty average to a good party mate. To be precise: Orange line is the having a great time, very drunk and very loud, but still holding it together. It's the danger zone, cause a drink too many and you're into the red zone where you're definitely having a sit down and a glass of water and maybe reconsidering the whole alcohol thing for a night.

Or you power through to the black line. Puking, passing out, pathetic prick. Bonus points if you go to the hospital.

To clarify the black line stuff; it may be a reflection of the terrible attitudes towards self destruction in Aus, but really, my mates see puking as an excuse to pack more in, if you're still on your feet you're alright to go. For an example of a real blacker-than-black situation when it comes to drinking: Finding out the girl you have a crush on is O.Ding on heroin via text*; then skulling a bottle of vodka in 15 minutes flat and waking up in the emergency ward with EKG stickers on your chest cause they couldn't find your pulse. That there, is the black line. (Felt fine on waking up though; didn't puke, just managed to metabolise a litre of vodka. I, as a general rule, don't get hang overs. Be jealous.)

*It was like that scene in pulp fiction, except she's in a different state and you have to wait for 5 minute intervals to find out if she's still alive. Fuuuuun times.

standokan

May 28, 2009
My experience is always that it gets better and better and better until you cross that invisible line which'll make you barf.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I stick at yellow, only slipping into red when I'm purposely pushing it. Red-line Redlin makes poor decisions >.>

Ambi

Oct 9, 2009
InterAirplay said:
Why did you thank him, rather than, say, ask him what the fuck he thought he was doing?
I figured it would be wiser not to drink more, and it also seemed like he was cleaning up the place a bit at the same time by taking the stuff off the table, so I seemed he was taking care of me in a way. Then I realised I'd most likely already had about the share I'd put in for so it was only fair for him to take it.

Serge A. Storms

Oct 7, 2009
According to that list, I have never, ever been yellow-line drunk, but I'm green-line all the time and red-line if I ever plan ahead to drink.

That said, there is no such thing as the yellow-line. As an avid drinker in the past and present, it doesn't make you smarter or move a conversation in a philosophical direction, unless "that chick over there is sorta hot" and "goddamnit get these pants off me" are matters of great philosophical importance.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Orange level usually (I know there isn't one but I demand one!). I have only passed out once, and promptly got walked out of the bar (100 proof rum and cokes for beer pong was a BAD idea...) But I often get further along the drunkenness meter than yellow. Speaking of which I'm working on a play list for my Fourth of July party whilst drinking a beer. Fun times.

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
Horizontalvertigo said:
See I agree with the green and yellow lines, they sound spot on, but I have to say you should have an orange line too, that of "I'm having an f-ing awesome time now, and I'm really going to push my luck and oh no, onto red line territory" kinda deal, cause half the stuff in the red line sounds pretty average to a good party mate. To be precise: Orange line is the having a great time, very drunk and very loud, but still holding it together. It's the danger zone, cause a drink too many and you're into the red zone where you're definitely having a sit down and a glass of water and maybe reconsidering the whole alcohol thing for a night.

Or you power through to the black line. Puking, passing out, pathetic prick. Bonus points if you go to the hospital.

To clarify the black line stuff; it may be a reflection of the terrible attitudes towards self destruction in Aus, but really, my mates see puking as an excuse to pack more in, if you're still on your feet you're alright to go. For an example of a real blacker-than-black situation when it comes to drinking: Finding out the girl you have a crush on is O.Ding on heroin via text*; then skulling a bottle of vodka in 15 minutes flat and waking up in the emergency ward with EKG stickers on your chest cause they couldn't find your pulse. That there, is the black line. (Felt fine on waking up though; didn't puke, just managed to metabolise a litre of vodka. I, as a general rule, don't get hang overs. Be jealous.)

*It was like that scene in pulp fiction, except she's in a different state and you have to wait for 5 minute intervals to find out if she's still alive. Fuuuuun times.
Your liver probably wanted to destroy you after that. Was she OK?
OT: I don't really drink, so none of these.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I would like to say that my friends tell me that while i'm drunk (talking about your red level) I can apparently hold a conversation and talk normally still. Even while puking, which is odd.

I try to keep to yellow though, but yeah, you need like an orange or something, because for me red is puking up blood. Which i've done.

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
I agree that there should be an intermediate between Yellow and Red. Never have hit Red myself but will generally hit a VERY high Yellow most nights. Weighing very little for my height, balance is often the first to go. Then my mental filters but that's largely had positive outcomes. :p

Nerfherder17

May 16, 2011
last time I got really drunk, I only remember asking the house number for cab, then waking up in my bed.

That and fingering pieces of thrown up fried chicken down the plug hole in the tub. Had to use the tub, someone was asleep with their head in the toilet bowl.

Horizontalvertigo

Apr 2, 2008
Uber Evil said:
Your liver probably wanted to destroy you after that. Was she OK?
OT: I don't really drink, so none of these.
Yeah she was fine, more by good luck than good management. My liver is probably uber-charged to all hell or on the verge of shutdown. I feel fine so I assume I'm not going to drop dead from renal failure hahahaha