Lex Luthor Faces Death in New Comic

Feb 13, 2008
Trivun said:
When I saw the title I thought he was going to be Killed Off For Real. Then I saw the picture and instantly thought "Neil Gaiman...". Seriously, that is the sexiest incarnation of Death around...
Hell yeah, I'd be happy to die to her.

And then get Constantine to make her realise that she shouldn't have done that, and have to bring me back to life again.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Trivun said:
Still sexy though. Not so much in some of the older drawings of her, like that strip, but stuff like the newer Sandman comics and spinoffs, or the picture at the top of the page? Oh, yeah... ;)
I don't know. I always prefer punk death to the newer one. Maybe it's just nostalgia.

ryuutchi

Apr 15, 2009
GloatingSwine said:
ryuutchi said:
Uh... WHAT? Really? I mean, what is this? Just Lex Luthor staring his own mortality in the face or something-- and it's not like every time he looks at Superman he doesn't stare his mortality in the face already.
No, this is Lex meeting the personification of the concept of Death. When the first living thing was born into the universe, she was already there, waiting, and when the last embers of the universe flicker and die, she'll be he one sweeping the floor and locking the doors forever.
Yes, I know who Death is. But I can't think of what exactly Luthor would be doing around her. She'd talk to him, he'd stare mortality in the face. Whatever. So mortality happens to be a perky goth chick this time-- somehow I doubt that would make any more of an impact on him than any other embodiment of death he's dealt with (See RE: Blackest Night).

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Trivun said:
Seriously, that is the sexiest incarnation of Death around...
Sexiest? Yes. Coolest? Heeeeeeell no!!! That'd be this guy:

stinkychops said:
Shockolate said:
"I'd show her my Rigor Mortis."

Yeah, I got nothing.
That made me laugh so hard I started coffin.
Damn guys those puns will be the death of me!

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
Honestly, this sounds awesome. And as long as they're both played true to form, I think this'd be a comic well worth owning, reading, and re-reading.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Hasn't death shown up before in the mainstream universe though? I'm talking about that one issue of Captain Atom where Atom meets the 3 faces of death which were Nekron, Black Racer, and Neil Gaiman's Death.

Also it would have been cool for Death to have shown up during the Blackest Night event.

ArmorArmadillo

Mar 31, 2010
Maybe it's the cynic in me, but I always find the things DC and Marvel do to get me excited about their comics to be a bit annoyingly condescending. "Hey, do you love Neil Gaiman? Well, we're taking one of his characters and transplanting it here. That's just as good as Neil Gaiman! It's not stodgy retreading of old material because we lack creativity, honest."

And let's not forget "Oh, will this character die? It's really totally possible! I know we've killed characters off and brought them back a million times in the past, but please accept it again!"