Life is Strange 2 confirmed.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Hella great news for everyone who, like me, loved Dontnod's fantastic little game about a college girl who can rewind time. The Life is Strange creators have confirmed that there will be another game. There are almost no details, just that it is in development.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/18/life-is-strange-2-officially-announced-has-been-in-development-for-over-a-year-6646851/

So, what would people want to see in the next game? Do you want Max back or a new character with a new power? Personally, despite it adding to the charm of the game, I don't think anyone could argue that the dialog was a bit cringy. So better dialog would be good.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Yay?

I dunno, despite enjoying the first game I can't say I'm super excited about this.

No information to go on anyway. I'll wait until I've at least heard the premise.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Oh look another interactive movie with barely any gameplay and involving teenage high school girl who solve mysteries.

no thanks

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Life Is Still Strange?

Life Is Strange, Too? (what else is strange?)

Life Got Stranger?

Anyway, snark aside, um, yay? Got LiS on my Steam list, need to get round to playing it...alongside the dozens of other games as well. :(

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
B-Cell said:
Oh look another interactive movie with barely any gameplay and involving teenage high school girl who solve mysteries.

no thanks
we are going to have words again arent we :p

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
pookie101 said:
B-Cell said:

no thanks
Don't worry. We all know that B-cell would be a fan if the protagonist was a buff male teenager. ^_^

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Yah!

Hopefully we get a better ending this time...

As for characters, I'd prefer a brand new everything personally. Max and Chloe wrapped up pretty well (and I would guess the canon ending, to keep it vague for spoiler reasons, would end well for Arcadia Bay) so I don't know where else they could take it.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
pookie101 said:
B-Cell said:

no thanks
come on my friend. I respect you alot even for liking life is strange and hating Doom.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
B-Cell said:
pookie101 said:
B-Cell said:

no thanks
come on my friend. I respect you alot even for liking life is strange and hating Doom.
i cant say i hated it just that i got bored and nothing really grabbed my attention

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
I hope it's brand new characters with a different mechanic, not time manipulation again. I'm still sad over the endings in 1 :(

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I liked the first one but if they try to redo the "Use unexplained time powers to save Chloe despite the fact the universe obviously wants her dead" angle I'm gonna give this one a pass.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
go-10 said:
I hope it's brand new characters with a different mechanic, not time manipulation again. I'm still sad over the endings in 1 :(
my head cannon has her sacrificing her life for chloe when she goes back at the end.. it fitted max better after all she'd gone through

Potjeslatinist

Feb 3, 2016
My opinion of the first game bobbed up and down as I went through it. I frikkin' liked its final chapter a hell of a lot. All in all, I'd say Life Is Strange was a solid 7. Too much terrible dialog bogged it down. But I'd still be very interested in a sequel. Dontnod seem to have heart.

But please, improve the dialog. First one had a fisherman who unironically said "By Neptune's beard", for Christ's sake!
And if you'd take a shot of hard liquor everytime Max called someone "awesome" because they "worked their ass off" for something, you'd be dead.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Catfood220 said:
Personally, despite it adding to the charm of the game, I don't think anyone could argue that the dialog was a bit cringy. So better dialog would be good.
Yeah. It tried very hard to avoid going all ?How Do You Do, Fellow Kids?? but the result was almost as bad in places.

B-Cell said:

no thanks
Life is Strange was great if you like the kinds of games most commonly associated with TellTale. I'm actually disappointed that the original LiS didn't make TellTale up their game in response to actual competition in their niche.

Hawki said:
...if the protagonist was a buff male teenager. ^_^
This is DONTNOD's biggest problem -- they're going to have a much harder time trying to market on "the EEEEVIL publisher tried to stop us from having a female protagonist" a third time. Especially given this is the year of Horizon Zero Dawn and Nier Automata.

tippy2k2 said:
Yah!

Hopefully we get a better ending this time...
Yeah, the "save the bay" ending for LiS was really, really predictable. As in I spelled it out on Reddit (save for who the baddie was) right after I played ep 2. They really overdid the foreshadowing of it, if you were at all familiar with the time travel fiction they were inspired by (and left conspicuously visible in game).

tippy2k2 said:
As for characters, I'd prefer a brand new everything personally. Max and Chloe wrapped up pretty well (and I would guess the canon ending, to keep it vague for spoiler reasons, would end well for Arcadia Bay) so I don't know where else they could take it.
I feel the same. They really clearly ended their story. They could certainly make further use of Arcadia Bay though, as a sort of focal point of weirdness.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I hope it's good. I loved the first one, and it's taken one of the higher slots in my "favorite games of all time" list.

What do I want to see from it? As others have stated, a better ending. That one, while unavoidable, wasn't that great in my book. They telegraphed how it would end really early on, so it wasn't a surprise for me. What I was annoyed most by, was how in a game that constantly told me "Your actions have consequences", in the end, they didn't.

I personally didn't have a problem with the dialogue. I remember my friends saying some of that same stupid shit when we were young. I think most people forget how almost universally stupid and idiotic teenagers are, and forget they too acted like a moron from time to time. So yeah, the writing was fine for a teenager drama.

What I'd like to see perhaps, is a form of antagonist. The main character is going along, either before or after they have powers, and they notice that things change. Nobody else does, but suddenly poof, people and places have altered to a significant degree, and the protagonist is the only one who notices. Then they have to spend the game figuring out how things got changed, by investigating the new details. Basically reverse engineering the change, to figure out where it was changed, how, and by whom.

THAT I think, would be a damn fun game about time travel to play.