Lightning Models For Louis Vuitton's Final Fantasy Inspired Line

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
At first I thought its because models are expensive so CG models are good middle ground.

Final Fantasy XIII actually being popular in Japan never occurred to me at all.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
-Dragmire- said:
Some hint of a smile would do wonders.

It's kind of funny that the expressions feel to me like they say, "I am very uncomfortable and slightly annoyed about being forced to do this". Especially number 4 which says, "Just get it over with...". Can't blame her with that outfit.
I was looking for pictures of insane clothing to crack a joke at Dr.Awkward's comment, but realized something in relation to your comment. Fashion models don't smile. Ever. They just walk down the runway without any expression and then walk back. I think it might be an attempt to allow the clothes to speak for themselves and not distract from their beauty. So these pictures would be right at home on a runway.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Saltyk said:
-Dragmire- said:
Some hint of a smile would do wonders.

It's kind of funny that the expressions feel to me like they say, "I am very uncomfortable and slightly annoyed about being forced to do this". Especially number 4 which says, "Just get it over with...". Can't blame her with that outfit.
I was looking for pictures of insane clothing to crack a joke at Dr.Awkward's comment, but realized something in relation to your comment. Fashion models don't smile. Ever. They just walk down the runway without any expression and then walk back. I think it might be an attempt to allow the clothes to speak for themselves and not distract from their beauty. So these pictures would be right at home on a runway.

That always bugged me about models who are specifically trained to be mobile manikins. If you're going to wear something flashy, I imagine you would want it to bring you some kind of happiness. By wearing the clothing with that lifelessness, it feels like they don't actually want people to desire them.

Imagine a food commercial where everyone had a deadpan glare... the food might look good but I doubt anyone would want to eat there.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
So people other than squeenix guys who aggressively push her "coolness" exist that actually like lightning?
Huh.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
The Rogue Wolf said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
As typically creepy as this is, and as facepalmingly self indulgent of certain people; what is going on with the series 4 model?? It looks like they've accidentally rendered her lower half the wrong way round, her butt is on the wrong side!! Argh, i can't look at it anymore...it's hurting parts of my brain that i forgot i had.
It's the pattern on the shorts; they give a weird "rounding" illusion that makes it look like they're protruding when they're not. It bugs me too.
Upon closer inspection, it does appear to be some badly thought out lightning lighting. But even knowing that, it still doesn't stop the brain auto-correcting her to backwards-butt mode. Something seems rather off with her top half too, but to be honest, the way she is portrayed as perfectly-sculpted-emotionless-sex-robot-model-513321 is far more worrying for the mental health of Japanese culture than any confusingly rendered clothing.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Square really is hell-bent on acting like Lightning is interesting. Which means they know she'll be forgotten as soon as FFXV is released and people start acting like Noctis is the best character ever.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Dr.Awkward said:
I didn't know fashion was so into what homeless people and drifters are wearing right now. Bottom halves of black trash bags and hand wraps are in, people! (Seriously, if it wasn't for the dotted pattern...)
Now I can't see that without thinking she's wearing a trash bag.

I don't know whether to thank you or......well, I don't particularly like Lightening or FFXIII so maybe thank you some more.

I could use this to annoy the people I know who like her, but I don't know anybody who does.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Aiddon said:
Square really is hell-bent on acting like Lightning is interesting. Which means they know she'll be forgotten as soon as FFXV is released and people start acting like Noctis is the best character ever.
Why does this surprise you? Square seems to think that FF XIII was interesting enough to make 2 direct sequels. Not even "This is a really cool concept ruined by god awful execution and annoying, stupid characters(except for Sazh)" but they seem to be under the impression that people actually like the damn series.

Maybe it's really popular in Japan or something?

An Ceannaire

Mar 5, 2012
Man, people really hate Lightning.

Yes, she is one of the most boring protagonists ever created, but she does look good. Very good if you ask me.

vasudean

May 30, 2008
Barda236 said:
Brian Tams said:
Huge advertising risk there, getting a plywood board to model for you.
You're not being very fair here. I mean, a piece of plywood could at least be described as wooden. Which is more personality than lightning has.
Zing! Anyway, I would agree, why pick Lightning, I mean, even from a look perspective, she isn't even that interesting.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
An Ceannaire said:
Man, people really hate Lightning.

Yes, she is one of the most boring protagonists ever created, but she does look good. Very good if you ask me.
And herein lies the problem. She is just another computer generated fancy toy, except they couldn't even be arsed to place a semblance of human emotion within it, er...I mean her. At least the stepford wives could manage a half decent smile and a good cuppa tea. The blank, dead eyes and face just makes one shiver in horror at what could have led to such labotomization.

Pinkilicious

Sep 24, 2014
Mister K said:
Of all Final Fantasy ladies, of ALL OF THEM, they picked the most boring one. Goddamnit, Final Fantasy VII is overused, but I'd rather see Aerith and Tifa as models. Or, prefferably, Yuna, but FFX is not as famous.
Rydia =D

How is Rydia never brought into these things? It was like, part of her character arc! Going from a naive waifu to smokin' "Hooo momma" 'monster tamer waifu.'
and hers was basically
Who can forget Edge's reaction... xD (strangely no one has drawn him as johnny bravo so you'll have to imagine it)
Or perhaps they could use Porom, she looks like she could really use the fashion help!
also random additional gift I found hopping around looking for images

An Ceannaire

Mar 5, 2012
Xsjadoblayde said:
The blank, dead eyes and face just makes one shiver in horror at what could have led to such labotomization.
To be fair, clothing models aren't exactly meant to exude emotion if they're doing their jobs properly, which makes Lightning perfect for the job. She's a natural!

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
An Ceannaire said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
The blank, dead eyes and face just makes one shiver in horror at what could have led to such labotomization.
To be fair, clothing models aren't exactly meant to exude emotion if they're doing their jobs properly, which makes Lightning perfect for the job. She's a natural!
But...but...what about Laura?

She has been practicing for this role for months! Albeit with the volume turned off. ;)