Like King's Quest, but...

MarcusStrout

Sep 20, 2008
Ok, so the last game my mum ever played was the last King's Quest game, with Connor, not Graham. Since Amazon is a *****, and I haven't had time to force KQ into any sort of search genome, I bring it to bear on the table of a gaming forum. What the hell is there that is like KQ out there now?

Base Req: Not a bloodbath; Easy-to-use interface; preferably a fantasy-type setting; MY MUM IS GOING TO PLAY IT.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
As I remember, someone made a freeware remake of the original Kings Quest not that long ago (a quick Google search should find it). As for modern point and clickers, the DS has a few (but they may be too easy if she's used to KQ games).

Akas

Feb 7, 2008
Heroes of Might and Magic (hopefully 2 or 3). While not EXACTLY like King's Quest, it's got the same sort of find creature dwellings/recruit them into army/fight battles with said armies structure with the difference being your home base also produces creatures and such. There aren't any "bounties" so to speak, but it's a fantasy world setting that's free to explore with decent AI and it's not a bloodbath.

Twaddlefish

Nov 16, 2008
Get your mum The Curse Of Monkey Island. If she doesn't like it, take her into the bathroom and ram her face into the taps.