Lila & Eve - Motherly Vigilantism

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Lila & Eve - Motherly Vigilantism

Lila & Eve is a vigilante movie that brings more to the table than bang-bang, shoot-shoot.

Read Full Article

TorchofThanatos

Dec 6, 2010
Must resist primal urge to rant about how much I hated Hobo with a shotgun. Must resist. ARGGGGGGG! Why did you bring up that movie! Now I am stuck remember all it's stupid, stupid scenes and unnecessary everything and... okay I am better now. :p I kinda want to know what the twist was now, though. Hmmmm... do I spoil it for myself?

UberPubert

Jun 18, 2012
TorchofThanatos said:
Must resist primal urge to rant about how much I hated Hobo with a shotgun. Must resist. ARGGGGGGG! Why did you bring up that movie! Now I am stuck remember all it's stupid, stupid scenes and unnecessary everything and... okay I am better now. :p
I think you may have missed the point of the movie. It's a contest winning gag that premiered as a fake movie trailer for Grindhouse. Stupid and unnecessary was it's mission statement.

However, I think the movie hovers around likable B-movie junk food, thanks mostly in part to the performance by Rutger Hauer.

TorchofThanatos

Dec 6, 2010
UberPubert said:
TorchofThanatos said:
Must resist primal urge to rant about how much I hated Hobo with a shotgun. Must resist. ARGGGGGGG! Why did you bring up that movie! Now I am stuck remember all it's stupid, stupid scenes and unnecessary everything and... okay I am better now. :p
I think you may have missed the point of the movie. It's a contest winning gag that premiered as a fake movie trailer for Grindhouse. Stupid and unnecessary was it's mission statement.

However, I think the movie hovers around likable B-movie junk food, thanks mostly in part to the performance by Rutger Hauer.
The point of the movie wasn't stupidity and unnecessary everthing but rage. Rage aimed at the cops, society, T.V and what ever else. I can enjoy stupid and unnecessary but what I don't enjoy is anger. Machete was stupid and unnecessary but funny so I enjoyed it. If you like it as B-movie junk food the sweet enjoy it but I won't touch it. I got it and I didn't like it but no one is going to enjoy everything. I don't even know how that movie ends I walked out maybe 50 mins-ish in, I can't remember. If the third acts really picks it up then maybe I missed something but not worth it.

UberPubert

Jun 18, 2012
TorchofThanatos said:
The point of the movie wasn't stupidity and unnecessary everthing but rage. Rage aimed at the cops, society, T.V and what ever else. I can enjoy stupid and unnecessary but what I don't enjoy is anger.
That's a pretty authoritative statement about a movie you didn't finish watching.

Hobo with a Shotgun's depiction of the fictional 'Hope Town' isn't meant to be a reflection of the real world, it's a hyper-violent suburban dystopia, partially riffing off of 80s movies depictions of gangland America. It's parody.

TorchofThanatos said:
Machete was stupid and unnecessary but funny so I enjoyed it.
Wait, did you not think Machete was angry? The rage and frustration at American policy and government officials - sometimes quiet, sometimes overt - condoning of bigoted attitudes surrounding immigration and the US/Mexican border is pretty blatant.

TorchofThanatos said:
If you like it as B-movie junk food the sweet enjoy it but I won't touch it. I got it and I didn't like it but no one is going to enjoy everything. I don't even know how that movie ends I walked out maybe 50 mins-ish in, I can't remember. If the third acts really picks it up then maybe I missed something but not worth it.
I urge anyone with a Netflix account to watch Hobo with a Shotgun start to finish, you missed out on a great finale.

TorchofThanatos

Dec 6, 2010
UberPubert said:
TorchofThanatos said:
The point of the movie wasn't stupidity and unnecessary everthing but rage. Rage aimed at the cops, society, T.V and what ever else. I can enjoy stupid and unnecessary but what I don't enjoy is anger.
That's a pretty authoritative statement about a movie you didn't finish watching.

Hobo with a Shotgun's depiction of the fictional 'Hope Town' isn't meant to be a reflection of the real world, it's a hyper-violent suburban dystopia, partially riffing off of 80s movies depictions of gangland America. It's parody.

TorchofThanatos said:
Machete was stupid and unnecessary but funny so I enjoyed it.
Wait, did you not think Machete was angry? The rage and frustration at American policy and government officials - sometimes quiet, sometimes overt - condoning of bigoted attitudes surrounding immigration and the US/Mexican border is pretty blatant.

TorchofThanatos said:
If you like it as B-movie junk food the sweet enjoy it but I won't touch it. I got it and I didn't like it but no one is going to enjoy everything. I don't even know how that movie ends I walked out maybe 50 mins-ish in, I can't remember. If the third acts really picks it up then maybe I missed something but not worth it.
I urge anyone with a Netflix account to watch Hobo with a Shotgun start to finish, you missed out on a great finale.
Rage was the main theme of the movie and I can figure that out without having to sit through that last part of it. Unless it pulled some magic out in the last act but if it did, I don't care. I didn't like the first part anyways. I watch movie for enjoyment. I don't like it I stop watching. Simple as that. Yeah I might have missed out of something cool and interesting, you think it is worth your time, but I didn't think it was.

I never said that Machete wasn't angry but it was also done with a light hearted tone through out the entire movie. The whole "I am the gardener" scene was so funny. Angry was a part but it didn't punch into every single scene and I don't really care to finish that sentence. If you want to read deeply into Hobo then go head. I though the movie was terrible waste of my time. It is a parody that wasn't funny or enjoyable for a type of film that I don't really watch anyways. It had a lot to say about the world we live in and I wasn't interested in hearing it.

Bottom line: If you have a Neflix account and you think you might like the movie that watch it. Don't let my hatred detract from your enjoyment of it but I can't see how you enjoy it. I loved Snow Piercer but my friends hated it, oh well.