Lindsay Lohan Wants a True Sequel to Mean Girls

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Thaluikhain said:
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Lindsay shit the bed and then rolled in it in terms of her career. Can she bounce back? Well Robert Downey Jr. did but it took him a long time and a lot of stumbles along the way, and he had a better career start than her not to mention more talent IMO.
Ah, but look at Charlie Sheen. AFAIK, Lilo hasn't gone around punching or shooting her GFs or vandalizing stuff.

More recently, Lilo has been doing charity work, but nobody seems to care cause her old drug stuff is more exciting...she's unlikely to live it down anytime soon.
Difference being, Lohan's career hadn't fully taken off before her meltdown. And in Hollywood terms, its not really always what you do that matters as much as how you handle the aftermath. Lohan kept fucking her career for a period of time through various stupid moves.
And charity work isn't always an indicator of a change in a person. Yeah its cynical to say it that way but its goddamn true. Plenty of shitty people do charity work because it adds to an image. Am I saying she's shit? No. I'm saying she's got a lot of uphill battles to fight because she screwed up so bad, for so long and most of all acted like a spoiled child about it.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I want this too! Lindsay is a hero of mine, she beat addiction, mental illness, and Mean Girls is her best film.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Zydrate said:
I get why the genre exists, though. It's a power trip for teens when they have little to no power of their lives. For that reason, the whole "Young Adult" genre (Like the Hunger Games, Maze Runner, and high school movie garbage) has to exist to a degree.
Eh, I'd suspect part of it is due to being told that adults have all the answers when you are young, growing up and finding that isn't true and most likely at least one of your teachers shouldn't have a job. Mean Girls had a mix of good and bad amongst the adults, and parts were very believable. "I'm not a normal mom, I'm a cool mom" gets quoted for a reason.

Difference being, Lohan's career hadn't fully taken off before her meltdown. And in Hollywood terms, its not really always what you do that matters as much as how you handle the aftermath. Lohan kept fucking her career for a period of time through various stupid moves.
Hmm, perhaps, though it seemed to me people supported Sheen because he was "living the dream" and being a real life sitcom lovable loser, except really not.

And charity work isn't always an indicator of a change in a person. Yeah its cynical to say it that way but its goddamn true. Plenty of shitty people do charity work because it adds to an image.
Certainly, hers seems a bit more believable than most, or at least to me and I could be totally wrong.

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
MeatMachine said:
Mean Girls as a movie franchise became obsolete when social media became prevalent.
This

Plus

I watched the trailer again and, having watched the trailer again, the original is not a movie that would fly today.

Plus

As has been said, what could the original cast do other than a "10-year-reunion" movie? That doesn't really work in terms of drama. (Not being stuck in the same environment with the same people in the same social cliques for four years does wonders for removing angst.)