Lionhead Studios Reveals Fable Anniversary Release Date and Bonus Content

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Lionhead Studios Reveals Fable Anniversary Release Date and Bonus Content

The HD remake of Fable will release next February, with first edition copies getting bonus outfits and weapons.

Still bummed out over the delay of Lionhead Studios' Fable Anniversary [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127755-Fable-Anniversary-Delayed-Until-2014]? Not to worry, your wait is almost over. The HD remake of the 2004 Xbox and PC title is launching on February 4, 2014 in North America, February 6 in Asia, and finally, February 7 in Europe. That means less than two months remain until you can reclaim the title of Chicken Chaser and take on Jack of Blades all over again.

Day-one buyers of the Xbox 360 exclusive will be rewarded for their patience. First-edition copies of Fable Anniversary will include a code for the downloadable Launch Day Weapons and Outfits pack, the contents of which are detailed on Lionhead's blog [http://www.lionhead.com/blog/2013/december/12/fable-anniversary-release-date-and-bonus-content-announce!/]:

-Scythe's Outfit
-Black Graduate Outfit
-Red Prophet Outfit
-Blue Guard Outfit
-Red Guard Outfit
-Lute Weapon
-Will User's Sceptre Weapon

And if you're more concerned about your own avatar than how your Fable protagonist looks, you'll be happy to know that an avatar award in the form of a lion's head helmet is also included.

The Lionhead Studios blog also has a glimpse of some updated screenshots, which are promising. It's hard to believe it's been almost ten years since Fable was originally released; it was one of the reasons I got an Xbox, and I've been a fan of the series ever since, despite its Fable Legends [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110141-Fable-III-Dev-Lobs-a-Few-Word-Bombs-at-the-Haters], and you better believe I will be using that bonus Lute to smash my enemies to pieces.

Source: Lionhead Studios [http://www.lionhead.com/blog/2013/december/12/fable-anniversary-release-date-and-bonus-content-announce!/]

INeedAName

Feb 16, 2011
Ahhh, Fable. A series with such promise. Sure it had its rough edges but, overall, it wasn't bad for the start of a series. Too bad that series would plunge deeper and deeper into the lavatory as installments came and went...

As you can probably tell, I'm not a huge fan of later Fable games. The first one is a go, however. I might pick up the HD remake once it goes on Steam sales or something.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
God I remember not only taking a day off for this game, but actually taking my Xbox to my cousins house and hooking it to another TV so we could play in tandem and compare experiences, in the same room at that. It was short but sweet, but dammit finding a whole set of "good" platemail was a pain in the ass back then.

Mar 26, 2008
I love the original Fable; the other Fable games not so much. As someone who bought The Lost Chapters, I'll be definitely be checking out Fable Anniversary though.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Well I can see myself getting an Xbox 360 slim during the janurary sales along with my sights on this in the future that's for sure.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Well this is the game that would actually cause me to grab my Xbox 360 and turn it on. I mean it'd be fun to play this.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Can't wait. Always wanted to play the original, I love Fable 2 & 3, and it's coming out right before my birthday. Hella sweet.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Well I'll definitely be picking that up on PC when it's out. I love the original Fable.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Well I'll definitely be picking that up on PC when it's out. I love the original Fable.
I hate (do I?) to be the one to break this to you, but there's no PC version of Fable HD. They didn't rule it out, but they're not developing it.

Bleidd Whitefalcon

Mar 8, 2012
INeedAName said:
Ahhh, Fable. A series with such promise. Sure it had its rough edges but, overall, it wasn't bad for the start of a series. Too bad that series would plunge deeper and deeper into the lavatory as installments came and went...

As you can probably tell, I'm not a huge fan of later Fable games. The first one is a go, however. I might pick up the HD remake once it goes on Steam sales or something.
You do realize that this is a 360 exclusive, right? As much as I hate to admit that

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Adam Jensen said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
I hate (do I?) to be the one to break this to you, but there's no PC version of Fable HD. They didn't rule it out, but they're not developing it.
Ah, so it is. I misread the "The HD remake of the 2004 Xbox and PC title" as in it was coming out on both. Balls.

1Life0Continues

Not a Gamer, I Just Play Games
Jul 8, 2013
Fable: TLC: Xbox/PC.
Fable 2: 360 Exclusive
Fable 3: PC/360

I just want Fable 2 on PC. It will never happen because Microsoft, but I can dream.

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
Looking forward to this, I loved Fable The Lost Chapters, Fable 2 was great too, but Fable 3 not so much.

1Life0Continues just borrow a xbox 360 from a friend and buy the game used online, it's worth it :)

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
pre-ordered it months ago, then went an replayed all 3 fables just because. words cannot express how excited I am for this game.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Sucks it's an exclusive since I just got rid of my 360 for an Xbone. I hope it comes out on PC (or even Xbox One) eventually. Even if not, I can probably pick the PC version of Lost Chapters up for $10 or less.

Mossberg Shotty

Jan 12, 2013
This is one of those rare cases where the first installment is the best in the series. I loved the first one, and hated the sequels, so I'm definitely going on a nostalgia trip when this comes out.