Lionhead Studios Reveals Fable Anniversary Release Date and Bonus Content

INeedAName

Feb 16, 2011
Bleidd Whitefalcon said:
INeedAName said:
Ahhh, Fable. A series with such promise. Sure it had its rough edges but, overall, it wasn't bad for the start of a series. Too bad that series would plunge deeper and deeper into the lavatory as installments came and went...

As you can probably tell, I'm not a huge fan of later Fable games. The first one is a go, however. I might pick up the HD remake once it goes on Steam sales or something.
You do realize that this is a 360 exclusive, right? As much as I hate to admit that
Ah, I missed that. The "The HD remake of the 2004 Xbox and PC title" part threw me off the loop.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
What they should have done for part of the bonus content is rerelease the Sword of Aeons as it was in the original. It used to do an insanely nasty 550 damage but it got cut by a litte more than half so as to make the TLC expansion somewhat of a challenge. While it was still one the best, if not thee best, longswords in the game, I wish there was a way to have the sword do as much damage as it did in the original. With the SoA nerfed, it loses some of its significance.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Preordered months ago!
(Only reason I've kept hold of my 360!)

I'll be hunting the frying pan in February!

alfrodul

Mar 19, 2009
Another Fable game that I *would* play but can't and won't. I haven't owned a gaming console since the original 8-Bit Nintendo. I need a PC for communication, media, and business. My 2 year old PC plays games better than any console on the market, including the PS4 and Xbone.

I don't need a console so any game that comes out as a "console exlusive" is a series that I stop playing. I really enjoyed the first Fable. I never played any of the others. Now that Fable 2 is a bit dated, I am not likely to ever play it, even if they did release it for PC. This also means that any releases post-Fable 2 are ones that I will also not pick up since the *series* is console exclusive (even though some installments are not).

"Console exclusive" is shorthand for "dead series."

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
I will get this, make no mistake about it. The first Fable was miles above the rest, and I loved that game. But I am still holding out hopes that they will also release this on the Xbox One, as I would rather buy it for that, if I had the choice. But yeah, after the first Fable, the series started sliding. The dog in the second Fable worked, and was truly phenomenal, but that was the best part of Fable II. I will also admit I am looking forward to the new installment, if for no other reason than it reminds me of my old paper, pencil, and dice days of Dungeons and Dragons, ala a Dungeon Master.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
1Life0Continues said:
Fable: TLC: Xbox/PC.
Fable 2: 360 Exclusive
Fable 3: PC/360

I just want Fable 2 on PC. It will never happen because Microsoft, but I can dream.
Here is a *possible* solution.... I didnt own a PS2, but a friend got me hooked on God of War. I simply borrowed their console, bought God of War and played the game and beat it on the borrowed console. Maybe you could find a buddy that has a console you could borrow?

chikusho

Jun 14, 2011
1Life0Continues said:
Fable: TLC: Xbox/PC.
Fable 2: 360 Exclusive
Fable 3: PC/360

I just want Fable 2 on PC. It will never happen because Microsoft, but I can dream.
Yeah, screw this anniversary bullshit. Give us our PC Fable 2!

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Long have I awaited this moment. I won't buy this masterpiece for a single penny less than £40.00!

Or...I might just chin the whole thing off and go play Skyrim instead.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
The original Fable was actually rather fun to play and go through, so I might go through and do this again if only for nostalgia's sake.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
I feel much better knowing I'm not the only one who found the first game endearing, and the rest much less enjoyable >_>

It's like they were made by two completely different groups. The feel/storyline quality/character quality etc just kept getting worse with each installment (imo)