List Your Favorite Fictional Ninjas!

Dedtoo

Aug 28, 2009
Norway
Hm... Seeing as I have been exposed to very few ninjas lately, I think I'll have to go with Yoshimitsu, of Tekken fame.
I mean, only a real ninja can sneak a sword into a fighting tournament! ...Or he's the only one who's fighting style includes one, as everyone else seem to be a demon, robot, animal or supersoldier of some kind.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009

Red is my favorite color. Robots are cool. So are ninjas.

Honestly, I like Sektor from Mortal Kombat as a character. He's definitely not a very deep character, but he's loyal to his clan to the point of willingly robotocizing himself to make himself a better assassin for the clan. Which is awesome.

Strider Hiryu

Mileena

Skarlet

Ryan Ambrose

Jun 19, 2013

Hannya, from the Rurouni Kenshin anime.

He is a spy above all, a master of theatricality and deception and despite his line of work he is a honourable man whose own existence revolves around repaying a personal debt.

One of his figthing traits comes the stripes tattooed on his arms for when he is involved in a hand-to-hand combat scenario against armed foes, being agile the stripes when in motion create an optical illusion which gives the impression of his arms being far longer and more elastic than they initially appeared to be. Which is why Kenshin would get hit sooner than anticipated.

Plus, I also admire his sense of style. Leather gloves and some light armor underneath the robe combined with a pair of tailored pants and old-fashioned well-polished shoes.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Fu, from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I know that he's Ling's bodyguard, but his skill set and attire may as well qualify him as a ninja.

Dec 14, 2009
Tartarga said:
Ninja Brian from NinjaSexParty is clearly the best ninja, he'll steal your girlfriend without speaking a word and he will kill you with his mind if you try and stop him.

This thread is about fictional ninjas.

Ninja Brian is clearly not fictional, because this knife across my throat says otherwise.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
[http://s914.photobucket.com/user/ccggenius12/media/ninjahedge.jpg.html]
Clearly, the ninjas encountered by The Tick are far superior to other ninjas. No one else would have thought to disguise themselves as common garden shrubbery.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Saelune said:
Goemon, Ebisumaru, Yae, and Sasuke (Mystical Ninja)
Also Kotaru Fuma and Hanzo Hattori (in Samurai Warriors, though they are portrayed alot in other stuff, being based on historical figures)
Psylocke (Marvel. Yes, she is a ninja)
Kitana, Jade, Mileena (Mortal Kombat, if you count them as Ninjas, though they later werent really portrayed that way)
I don't remember Kotaru's history specifically, but I think Hanzo counts because he wasn't historically a ninja. He gets portrayed a lot in different ways, so his portrayal in SW seems to fit.

Speaking of, I love Kunoichi (SW1, Warriors Orochi). VALLEY GIRL NINJA!

...although she's often said to be an amalgamation of the Sanada Ten Braves, so she's based on history if you turn your head sideways and squint....

...I don't follow a lot of ninja media, though. Unless you don't mind them being Teenage Turtles of the Mutant variety (I was born not far away from Mirage studios, so they were a thing for me[footnote]because my father is a huge nerd, not because of some hipster cred[/footnote] before a lot of people knew about them).

That's right. Footnotes within parentheses. Because that's how I roll.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Goofguy said:
The Great White Ninja, of course.

What he lacks in skill, he makes up for in spirit.
Ive just been ninjad

I cant believe that someone else thought to mention the great Haru. You sir deserve an internet

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
The lack of mentioning the best there ever was, Rikimaru, the shadow himself is incredibly disappointing.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
shootthebandit said:
Ive just been ninjad

I cant believe that someone else thought to mention the great Haru. You sir deserve an internet
Hohohoho, I see what you did there. But seriously, I'll take my reward in the form of cookies... peanut butter cookies. As far as I'm concerned, this thread ended with my mention of Haru. Game, set and match.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
He always seemed more like a samurai to me, but apparently he is a ninja; Jubei from Ninja Scroll (the movie, not the terrible TV series).

Fighting with a broken arm like a boss.