Little Green Man

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Little Green Man

MovieBob guides you through the Leprechaun franchise.

Read Full Article

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Ah... cult horror/comedy cinema... not a huge fan of the genre. Still, better than an Easter themed version...

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I always felt bad at how height-challenged actors--even great ones like Davis--always get typecast as comic relief ("it's funny 'cause he's wee!") or any manner of dwarves, elves, munchkins, pixies, aliens, etc. That's why I'm pretty sure Peter Dinklage's casting call in Game of Thrones went something like this:

DAVID BENIOFF: We want you to play a dwarf in our new fantasy series.

PETER DINKLAGE: Another comic relief pixie, eh?

D.B. WEISS: Actually, your character is a Machiavellian schemer and gets all the best lines.

PETER DINKLAGE: ...go on...

DAVID BENIOFF: And when he's first introduced, he's in bed with four buxom, nubile and nude young ladies.

PETER DINKLAGE: ...Where do I sign?

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Falseprophet said:
I always felt bad at how height-challenged actors--even great ones like Davis--always get typecast as comic relief ("it's funny 'cause he's wee!") or any manner of dwarves, elves, munchkins, pixies, aliens, etc. That's why I'm pretty sure Peter Dinklage's casting call in Game of Thrones went something like this:

DAVID BENIOFF: We want you to play a dwarf in our new fantasy series.

PETER DINKLAGE: Another comic relief pixie, eh?

D.B. WEISS: Actually, your character is a Machiavellian schemer and gets all the best lines.

PETER DINKLAGE: ...go on...

DAVID BENIOFF: And when he's first introduced, he's in bed with four buxom, nubile and nude young ladies.

PETER DINKLAGE: ...Where do I sign?
Tyrion Lannister is gold-plated AWESOME. Also reminds me of his scene in Living in Oblivion where he rips into Steve Buscemi for thinking putting a dwarf into a dream scene makes it automatically weird and surreal

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
I recall that the first time i've ever heard of the Leprechaun movies was when it was referenced in Wayne's world. Still haven't seen any of them, but I'll always remember Garth freaking out to Wayne's impression.

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
Warwick Davis is a brilliant actor, definitely in the top tier of this-generation actors. It's sad that he doesn't have the opportunities the rest of them do, because he knocks every role he plays out of the park.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
Willow was such an feature of my childhood that I forget that it wasn't a huge success and that many people haven't heard of it.

My favorite part is how Val Kilmer gets cleaner throughout the movie.

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
Well, horror is one of the few genres so fast and loose with continuity that a "reboot" can be called an iteration without a number and you couldn't tell.

As long as you're on the subject as dark twist on whimsical things, have you ever seen Rare Exports or it's pre-movie shorts?

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
I LOVED Willow, and even though I always thought the Leprechaun moves were a little too dumb, I will always remember them for this:

<youtube=aEL1m7VJRmc>

Good god, I'm old.

Ne1butme said:
I recall that the first time i've ever heard of the Leprechaun movies was when it was referenced in Wayne's world. Still haven't seen any of them, but I'll always remember Garth freaking out to Wayne's impression.
Ninjas... Damn...

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Ditto for the Waynes World reference. I actually met Warick Davies Years ago when I was a runner. He was in the BBC canteen and i said Hi and asked for the obligatory autograph, he couldnt have been nicer. He seemed pleased that I said I was a fan of Willow rather than Star Wars.

flecker080

Dec 18, 2011
I grew up in the same town as Hornswoggle. Even worked at a Dairy Queen that he worked at for a whole.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
MovieBob is right Leprechaun in Space is the best of them, and Brian Trenchard-Smith makes fun movies.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
theg8wood said:
hmm... looks like a new one will be on SciFi tonight. What timing.
I swear that syfy does this all the time. New movie comes out? Syfy low budget movie comes out just before. Weirdest thing in the world.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
I hope they either keep Hornswoggle's involvement to a minimum, or do a Leprechaun version of Seed Of Chucky. Either way, really.

Tim Chuma

Jul 9, 2010
According to Brian Trenchard-Smith he was originally going to direct "Leprecaun in the Whitehouse" around the time of the Cliton/Lewinski thing but it didn't get up, rest of punchline goes here.