LittleBigPlanet Karting Review

Encaen

May 6, 2005
LittleBigPlanet Karting Review

?Play, Create, Share? is more than just a clever tagline.

Read Full Article

JSW

Oct 7, 2009
Wait, so was this a review or a trailer? I know it's in the "reviews" section of the site, but this video was filled with so much adspeak and had so little actual analysis that it could have come directly from Sony's PR department.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
This seems to be an ever growing trend with Sony when competing with Nintendo, they lost the battle for second place against Microsoft in the motion control department (How many people do you know bought a Kinect comapared to the PS Move?) and now they are trying to hit Nintendo in the cross-franchise area where all of the console's mascots duke it out (racing games / fighting games / tennis match, etc) but the problem with Sony doing this is they really don't have any iconic mascots that Nintendo does, and if they do Sony's either sold them off (Crash, Spyro, Jak & Daxter) or are owned by a 3rd party.

For a long time Solid Snake was their 'mature' mascot but he hasn't had a game in nearly 5 years AND he already was is Smash Bros. One of the biggest (or only) characters for them now in-house is Kratos but he would hardly be the kind to play around in a car or tennis court.
In the end I see games like this and PS all-stars to flop unless their marketing Department has something great up its sleeve.

/PS3 player before anyone accuses me of fanboyism

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Josh12345 said:
One of the biggest (or only) characters for them now in-house is Kratos but he would hardly be the kind to play around in a car or tennis court.
I could see Kratos in kart racing, but it would be driving a scythed war chariot instead of a kart. =p

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
Josh12345 said:
This seems to be an ever growing trend with Sony when competing with Nintendo, they lost the battle for second place against Microsoft in the motion control department (How many people do you know bought a Kinect comapared to the PS Move?) and now they are trying to hit Nintendo in the cross-franchise area where all of the console's mascots duke it out (racing games / fighting games / tennis match, etc) but the problem with Sony doing this is they really don't have any iconic mascots that Nintendo does, and if they do Sony's either sold them off (Crash, Spyro, Jak & Daxter) or are owned by a 3rd party.

For a long time Solid Snake was their 'mature' mascot but he hasn't had a game in nearly 5 years AND he already was is Smash Bros. One of the biggest (or only) characters for them now in-house is Kratos but he would hardly be the kind to play around in a car or tennis court.
In the end I see games like this and PS all-stars to flop unless their marketing Department has something great up its sleeve.

/PS3 player before anyone accuses me of fanboyism
Errrmmm.....since when did Sony ever sell off Jak and Daxter?
Also, LBP Karting isn't cross-franchise, it's just a regular spin-off.
Also also, Sony already had a karting game (Modnation Racers) on the PS3 before this supposed 'trend' even started. Hell, Modnation and Karting are both made by the same developer, United Front Games, of Sleeping Dogs fame.
Besides, I don't think anyone perceived Snake as Sony's "Mature" mascot, especially considering he kept getting released on non-Sony platforms, even before SSBB.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Man, its bloody jarring having the trailer at the start of the reveiw be for the same game, just feels abit off is all.

On topic, the level creation looks damn good. Im not really in to cart games but i'd love to see what people come out with on the fan made lists.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Doesn't look very fun at all. The tracks look incredibly generic with little in the way of imagination. The custom tracks don't look like they have anything elaborate to add either. No loop to loops, gigantic jumps, strange/ hostile objects or enemies in the road. Maybe it's that the video review only scratched on the surface, but this game looks incredibly tame, even when compared to Mario Kart.

stef1987

Jan 11, 2011
JSW said:
Wait, so was this a review or a trailer? I know it's in the "reviews" section of the site, but this video was filled with so much adspeak and had so little actual analysis that it could have come directly from Sony's PR department.
I had the exact same feeling of the ssx review: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/9473-SSX-Review
I'm starting to think all (or most) reviews here are like this