Live-Action Attack On Titan Makes Subaru Forester Commercial Horrifying

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Baresark said:
Ugh, the anime is horrible. Why would they make a live action version of it. I'm hoping the Manga is way way way better, but I don't have a lot of faith that it's significantly different from the anime... which has just horrendous pacing.

That said, the CGI is impressive in this car commercial. We don't get car commercials this cool in America, at least not commonly. AND Subaru's are excellent cars.
the anime is actually better in this case, both the titans and the 3d gear don't work as well on paper as in animation and the pacing is still slow as fuck.
but i also really liked the anime(i am a sucker for good animation) so your mileage may vary

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
That is the most fucking amazing car commercial I've ever seen, and shorter by far than the tripe we get over here.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Titans seem much less threatening when literally the only thing you need to completely avoid and evade them is a small four door subaru.

In much the same way the galactic empire seems less threatening when it can be taken down by gibberish speaking teddy bears.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
schrodinger said:
Holy shit, those CGI titans looked phenomenal! I'm excited already and all i've seen is a car commercial.
Loki_The_Good said:
Wow really like how the CGI Titans looked. Too bad I couldn't see more. Some stupid car kept getting in the way for some reason.
actually the titans, aside from the colossal one, aren't CGI, or at least fully

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
K.ur said:
Thats the thing. Humanity didn't get set back, but didn't go far. As far as i get out of the anime AND manga, the titans are probably man-made from a "late antique" war. The wall is, for example, colossal titanS, who make some crystal as a shell (and thats no spoiler, the anime had it already).
I'm not that far into the show but there does tend to be a weird bit of schizo tech. Mostly how it seems to be overall Renaissance in tone but with a few industrial era technologies(railroad tracks, cannon and muzzle loading firearms, not to mention compressed air cylinders). However, so far no sign of mines, foundries, factories or steam engines. And the maneuver gear looks like something that couldn't exist until the 20th century at least.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Man, the Japanese get Titans in their car commercials, and what do we Americans get? Scrat the squirrel from Ice Age, and the Lorax. 

Multi-Hobbyist

Oct 26, 2009
I hope the effects on those Titans get better. The closer they look to real, the better that film will be. I say that simply because I have no hope that it'll be good in the first place.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Weaver said:
Why would I care about the opinions of 14 year olds on myanimelist? I've been watching anime for longer than they've been alive.

I'm sure it's great if it's the first shonen you've ever seen.
....Did we really need to go there? Do we really need to resort to insulting people for their opinions?

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
Clearly, none of you have seen the epic Coke Commercial version of this.
<youtube=2HdJi4pHdG8>