Live-Action Mass Effect 3 Trailer Makes Its Way to Earth

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I don't know about the ad as such, but I what I do know is, is that there is a shocking lack of Fem Shep in these ads...

Am I wrong in remembering that they said they'd feature Fem Shep in the ads for this one?

It doesn't change anything, but still...

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
People seem to forget why the Reapers are hyper-focused on Humanity and on Earth (Humanity's home world). And whats worse is that these are likely people who did in fact play the first two games.

The Reapers have a hard-on for Humanity because they're fucking pissed at us. In their own cold, robotic way. It has been a human, or aliens under the control and direction of humanity that have been fucking up their plans for the better part of a decade now. In addition, the only group in the Universe that has definite concrete information and contact with the Reapers, their abilities and what they're up to are the humans - all the other species are either ignorant or don't believe humanity.

Oh, and we blew their shit up twice. They're not happy about that either.

So naturally, Humanity is pretty much at the top of the "Elimination List" and thus why the Reapers would be attacking Humanity so hard. (They are of course, also attacking the the other species as well, but not as much) Attacking Earth, as the center of human power, would ensure that the most damage (psychological and material) is done as quickly as possible. The Citadel would have to wait until later, since now that it isn't under Reaper control its essentially the biggest, toughest fortress around for organic/Geth life and would require a substantial amount of effort even by Reaper standards to take.

It makes sense people. You just don't want to make sense because you want to be contrary.

Itsthefuzz

Apr 1, 2010
Paragon Fury said:
People seem to forget why the Reapers are hyper-focused on Humanity and on Earth (Humanity's home world). And whats worse is that these are likely people who did in fact play the first two games.

The Reapers have a hard-on for Humanity because they're fucking pissed at us. In their own cold, robotic way. It has been a human, or aliens under the control and direction of humanity that have been fucking up their plans for the better part of a decade now. In addition, the only group in the Universe that has definite concrete information and contact with the Reapers, their abilities and what they're up to are the humans - all the other species are either ignorant or don't believe humanity.

Oh, and we blew their shit up twice. They're not happy about that either.

So naturally, Humanity is pretty much at the top of the "Elimination List" and thus why the Reapers would be attacking Humanity so hard. (They are of course, also attacking the the other species as well, but not as much) Attacking Earth, as the center of human power, would ensure that the most damage (psychological and material) is done as quickly as possible. The Citadel would have to wait until later, since now that it isn't under Reaper control its essentially the biggest, toughest fortress around for organic/Geth life and would require a substantial amount of effort even by Reaper standards to take.

It makes sense people. You just don't want to make sense because you want to be contrary.
I find it hard to believe that so many people overlook this and just say "Why is it all about earth, man?" They HATE humans! We're also more of a threat!
Shepard basically straight up told the reapers in the first game that he was going to stop them and kick their asses (which he did). They said that killing everyone this time around will just continue the cycle they've always had with killing entire civilizations and then Shepard denied that first attempt to wipe them out.
If you were evil and were given the opportunity to take out any one person of your choosing... wouldn't you pick the guy who not only beats on you but also you HATE?

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
putowtin said:
Re the trailer: It's nice to see a use for the London riots, or were the riots just an EA marketing ploy?
Oh god, why'd you say that? I can see the glint of the tin-foil hats now...