Live Action Winnie the Pooh and the Slow Death of Art.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Art isn't going to die, but all the industry's have been filled with greedy, milk happy shit stains that make trying to be original a real feet. The quality has dropped enormously because of this and now it's very rare for something actually special to come out (doesn't have to be really original though).

If there is anything I'm concerned about, it's that commercial shows will become even more retarded to the point it will make the average person really damn stupid. Everyone should try to experiment every once in a while to challenge themselves, to test their brain.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Well, he's not wrong. When every film is a film by commitee, we have a problem. And the quality of art HAS gone down. There are sporadic periods of creative output that happen, just look at anime in the 90s. But now? Eh. I don't watch film anymore. I don't watch television. I've studies how the business works in school, and I've spoken to producers and people with connections. Every aspect of the industry is creatively dead, and it's hard to be a maverick. It made me sick. Originality is not valued at all, the structure of the industry is inherently anti-art.

The video is flawed, art will never disapear entirely because we'll always have artists. People who are passionate, and ask themselves the big questions. Who am I? Is there a god? Stories will never die in that regard. It's just very difficult to get through with the nature of film right now.

That's why I love games. People are still trying to push boundaries. They haven't settled quite yet, and I suspect the best years are still to come.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
It's like saying music is dying because of cover bands. Well music hasn't gone to shit and if you think that it has then it's because you're just lazy.

Also, who is truly original? All the best ideas are based off and inspired by previous ideas. This not only applies to art but to ALL things in life; fitness, sport, science, philosophy, evolution etc..

Anyway this guy is overreacting, we are in good hands because there are still good artists about. It's more like he's complaining that they aren't the most popular ones. In that case why does he even give a shit? If the artist can't get the funding to realise his vision then that's their fucking problem.
Fox12 said:
That's why I love games. People are still trying to push boundaries. They haven't settled quite yet, and I suspect the best years are still to come.
This right here. Film is basically obsolete (like every other visual art) and all the best artists will be working on the superior art form which is video games.

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
There was a live action TV show called "Welcome to Pooh Corner" which was a funny name. It was pretty good. This might be good too.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Fishyash said:
It's like saying music is dying because of cover bands. Well music hasn't gone to shit and if you think that it has then it's because you're just lazy.

Also, who is truly original? All the best ideas are based off and inspired by previous ideas. This not only applies to art but to ALL things in life; fitness, sport, science, philosophy, evolution etc..

Anyway this guy is overreacting, we are in good hands because there are still good artists about. It's more like he's complaining that they aren't the most popular ones. In that case why does he even give a shit? If the artist can't get the funding to realise his vision then that's their fucking problem.
Fox12 said:
This right here. Film is basically obsolete (like every other visual art) and all the best artists will be working on the superior art form which is video games.
I don't think there's anything wrong with saying that there's more going on creatively in games then in films right now. That doesn't mean that games are somehow superior to film, just that there's a more active effort to do something deferent and creative. The fact that the industry is growing, instead of shrinking, only fuels this more. I don't see any attempts at innovation in film whatsoever in film, except in the indi circuits, and those receive a Luke warm response at best. Games may not have the backlog of classics that film has, but the difference is that, for the forseeable future, I see games getting better and films getting worse. Industries experiance fluctuations in artistic success, and right now film is in a decline.

Meanwhile, the book loving master race marches on independent of the problems of other mediums. Wahahaha!

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
I was certain that he was joking until he said that he wasn't. The scary thing is, this is probably what I sound like to non-gamers when I complain about day 1 DLC.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
I was going to make a thread about how sci/fi and geek fans have ignored and dismiss Jupiter Ascending, Kingsmen, and Chappie. However, they are panting in anticipation over reboots of Terminator, Aliens, Ghostbusters, and Mad Max. Also, over Star Wars and Avengers. I will admit. I am going to see those 2 movies as well.

My observation is that people who have made comic book movies and science fiction movies popular in recent years are not sci/fi fans or geeks. They are fans of nostalgia. Can anyone name an original IP sci/fi or geek movie that was popular in recent years?

We got ourselves to blame for all the crappy remakes that get put out. We are the ones making them big box office hits. While we are ignoring movies with original stories.