Living the Pirate Life in Assassin's Creed IV

rednightmare

Apr 17, 2009
Great to see you're back Robert. All this praise for Black Flag is making me consider going back to the series.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
Did anyone else get to the point where they'd just plow through smaller ships because they could?
"Oh hey look it's a gunboat"
SMASH
pick up loot.
"Oops."

I've got to say I went through most of the same experiences as you. Except I plowed through storms because Kenway's a mad bastard in my eyes. No ship too big, no storm too fierce, no battle too bloody.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Ubisoft should pay you for this article, because I am very excited about buying this now. Best advertisement for a game I've seen and it wasn't even an ad!

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
Never had the slightest problem with doing in the British when I found them (or anyone else) land or sea. I gathered from the story that Kenway is supposed to become a bit less of a bloodthirsty pirate as time wears on, but fortunately the game doesn't really force you into that. You just won't always get the full synchronization bonuses on some missions that have optional non-lethal objectives.

And perhaps it was just because I started doing the 'Kenway's Fleet' minigame as soon as I could, but I always had plenty of cash. I was blowing it on upgrading the hangout since the money was coming in much faster than the iron, and I didn't feel like going out of my way to farm for it.

Still, this was a great article about a great game. It actually encouraged me to go back and play the whole series (at more or less the same time), since while it appears to have little to do with the metaplot that's been built across the series, by the end it's revealed just how involved it's all been.