Loading Up The Trunk

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
Loading Up The Trunk

Making this simple sketch turned out to be much more complicated than it looks.

Read Full Article

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
I think it's interesting how far the original concept of Cam's costume was from the (in my opinion) near perfect look you ended up with.

Chaos999

Jun 7, 2010
OMG. How the hell does Cam know Slovenia? Our country is so small there are jokes out there about it. Like:
Slovenia launches a nuclear strike against the USA
After a while nothing happens. No retaliation.
So Slovenia launches another nuclear rocket.
And still nothing.
Then the president calls Obama and asks what?s going on
And he replies ?We?re going to get you. Just wait that I find you on the map?

Not the best joke. But you get the point.

So this sparked my interest. How do you know about us? And what do you know?

andersgeek

Jul 6, 2010
Classic Loading Time James.

I would've found Cam's initial costume very unconvincing. Since he's not the driver, it suggests that he's higher up the ranks anyway, so his final get-up is very fitting.

Chaos999 said:
So this sparked my interest. How do you know about us? And what do you know?
Canada is not the US, they have education. xD

Parshooter

Sep 13, 2009
Wow a PG joke. Sadly I know people who look like that.

I only go to school here but still

Also I'm like 1/8th Slovenian.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I was wondering the logistics of the shots in that episode. Interesting how you solved the camera situation.

Also grahams hair looked very red in the lighting in that last shot.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Aw, no more Loading Time articles on The Escapist? These are one of the highlights of Thursday on this site!

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
Darth_Payn said:
Aw, no more Loading Time articles on The Escapist? These are one of the highlights of Thursday on this site!
They aren't going away -- they're just moving to www.loadingreadyrun.com! It's a magical place filled with gifs and weird stuff I post onto our blog.

i64ever

Aug 26, 2008
Can't believe the Escapist doesn't want this content anymore. very bad decision on their part. Guess they don't like good content.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
i64ever said:
Can't believe the Escapist doesn't want this content anymore. very bad decision on their part. Guess they don't like good content.
Yeah the LRR site has lots of nice stuff on it and it'll stay there. Like GPLP, LRR Magic Drafts, LRR Casts, ect.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
i64ever said:
Well it's another site to remember to check more often. On the same note, remember that The Escapist cancelled ENN from these guys too, which is also still going in another form elsewhere...

Edith The Hutt

Flying Monkey
Oct 16, 2010
Nice, I wondered how you got the windscreen mounted shot with a DSLR. The long single take was awesome guys!

Aankhen

Mar 30, 2012
Lady Kathleen said:
Darth_Payn said:
They aren't going away -- they're just moving to www.loadingreadyrun.com! It's a magical place filled with gifs and weird stuff I post onto our blog.
Phew! I thought the articles were going away for good too.
Alfador_VII said:
i64ever said:
Well it's another site to remember to check more often.
RSS feeds are your friend. It takes a minute or two to start using something like Google Reader; after that, just take 10 seconds to subscribe to the RSS or Atom feed of any site you like. I held out for years, but I gave in and started using them back in 2009 or 2010 and I can?t imagine going back to the old way now.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
That was Russian pop music? What was the track? Just curious, being Russian myself.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Don Reba said:
That was Russian pop music? What was the track? Just curious, being Russian myself.
It's listed in the end credits, I found it on Archive.org

I don't think it's anyone big or popular.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Graham_LRR said:
Don Reba said:
It's listed in the end credits, I found it on Archive.org

I don't think it's anyone big or popular.
Cool, thanks. Pretty unusual to see bandits listening to indie, instead of something more typical, like, say, "Dress Code":